Found this gem in a coffee table book from 1947

by fresh prince of ohio 20 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

dropoffyourkey, a 1947 coffee table book would not have had the resources to cut and paste as we do today. As for the language, it suits the time period, shortly after the war when emotions are high.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"The Watchtower explains the Theocratic Government".

--

And most of those explanation of the 1940's have been sent to the scrap heap, relegated to the category of out-dated "old light".

"Pathetic" indeed.

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

I found the book on Amazon, not much information about it though:

http://www.amazon.com/Remember-Distinctly-Family-American-1918-1941/dp/B0006ARDOU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1373032568&sr=8-1&keywords=i+remember+distinctly

It was published by Harper & Brothers, which became HarperCollins.

ADCMS, tell me about it. I think that for most modern JWs even reading a 40s era WT magazine would create a mind-storm of cognitive dissonance beyond what they could handle.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

That girl in front of Beard Mc Scruff looks hot! I would have invited her over for cocktails and sandwich-board modeling!! You can keep Granny from Beverly Hillbillies...

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I think it's interesting how the JWs are grouped with the pro-Nazis in this book. Now I understand why they were called "pathetic."

• Satanus
    Satanus

They certainly weren't neutral, as they like to claim. It was their antiwar agitation that brought down persecution on them from the govt.

S

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

I think he kinds of looks like Fidel Castro...

• Satanus
    Satanus

He was a jw babe magnet. The person behind, w the fan, is he a dude? He appears to be hoping that some of the schwartz will rub off on him. To start w, he(?) needs to lose the fan.

S

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

How odd. Last week I saw that guy wandering the boardwalk at Ocean City, MD, muttering to himself.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

They are all dead now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit