Tennessee-JW Angela Montgomery sentenced today to 40 years in prison for raping her own children

by AndersonsInfo 14 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

^^ That ^^

Edit: damn new page so the above makes little sense LOL

Try again...

"Montgomery was given a chance to address the court but chose not to."
    I think that if the son was making it all up the mother would have something to say about her innocence.

That, exactly that...

• fiddler
    fiddler

Steve, I wasn't taking a hard nosed stance. I've felt the same about some allegations against men as well. The fact that the mother didn't have anything to say was significant to be sure but some of the monster women (and men) that I've either known or read about seemed to be pretty vocal in their defense. I will look up the case as I should have done before commenting here.

edited to add: looked it up and yes, she sounds like a monster. It was the reference to breastfeeding that seemed out of place.

• steve2
    steve2
    I do hear what you're saying, fiddler. In many cases, it does come down to which party is the more believable.In general - everything else being equal - a court is more likely to find a defendant guilty as charged if there is more than one complainant - or the abuse was reported to adults when it first allegedly occurred, say, when the child was 5. Beyond that kind of "evidence", the courts do often weigh up one party's word against the other.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

But is the still "in good standing" in her congregation?

That's what really matters, you know.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

I don't believe the information on the appeal court case has been posted here yet?

Angela Montgomery's appeal against conviction

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit