Tennessee-JW Angela Montgomery sentenced today to 40 years in prison for raping her own children

by AndersonsInfo 14 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

http://wkrn.com/2015/05/06/murfreesboro-mom-sentenced-to-40-years-for-raping-own-children/

Murfreesboro mom sentenced to 40 years for raping own children

By Larry Flowers Published: May 6, 2015, 4:59 pm Updated: May 6, 2015, 6:53 pm

MURFREESBORO, Tenn. (WKRN) – A mother accused of raping her own children will be behind bars until she’s at least 90 years old.

The son of Angela Montgomery, 53, gave a strong victim impact statement in her sentencing hearing Wednesday.

Alan Von Webb’s only wish was to make sure she never abuses anyone else.

Before Montgomery found out how many years she would be spending in jail, her son, who gave News 2 permission to use his name despite being the victim of a sexual assault, said the abuse at the hands of his own mother messed up his adult life.

“It’s incredibly unfair and, in my opinion, evil,” Von Webb said.

He told News 2 his mother started abusing him around the age of five.

The two couldn’t even look at each other in court.

“For the next 40 years, children out there are safe, and she can’t get her hands on them, and that’s all I really wanted,” Von Webb said.

Montgomery was convicted by a jury on six counts of rape of a child March 13.

Rutherford County Circuit Court Judge Royce Taylor sentenced Montgomery to 40 years in prison at one 100 percent.

Her son said this day is his justice.

“A real mother wouldn’t do that to her children,” Von Webb added.

Montgomery was given a chance to address the court but chose not to.

Her attorney Sean Williams said she has maintained she’s not guilty, and none of the abuse happened; she claimed it was all made up.

“There’s no happy ending to these cases,” said Rutherford County Assistant District Attorney Hugh Ammerman. “He’ll always live with this and someone just got sentence to what could be basically the rest of her life in prison.”

Von Webb said his mother has shown no remorse.

“For her, it’s a thrill, you know. It’s like any criminal when they figure out the game and they can play it and win, they will do it as much as they can,” he explained.

Montgomery is expected to appeal as well as ask for new trial.

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman
    She needs to be licked away forever!
  • DwainBowman
    DwainBowman
    Locked! Stupid autocorrect!
  • AndersonsInfo
  • truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

So glad this young man got the justice he so deserved and this horrible woman will spend most likely the rest of her life in prison where she belongs.

• fiddler
    fiddler
    I know there are horrible people out there so I'm not saying this didn't happen but I would like to hear what testimony really sealed the case. Just the man saying things happened could also be because he is the 'horrible person'. I don't know and if he indeed did endure this at the hands of his own mother then she deserves to be locked away but he also mentioned her breast feeding other people's babies. That is not rape and in times past, being a wet nurse was common practice...just saying....something didn't sound right in the little bit I saw on that news report.
  • truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam
    Well 12 jurors who heard the testimony convicted her.
  • jwleaks
    jwleaks
    Thanks for the update Barbara.
  • steve2
    steve2
    Fiddler, would you take the same hard-nosed stance if the complainant were an adult female alleging sexual abuse occurred from age 5 at the hands of her father? Also, give the secretive, threatening nature of child sexual abuse, can you specify what kinds of proof would satisfy your skepticism?
  • Onager
    Onager

"Montgomery was given a chance to address the court but chose not to."

I think that if the son was making it all up the mother would have something to say about her innocence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit