Are the GB Mental

by moley 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Yes, Punky that is my point-- the GB DO KNOW what is being written. Goes without saying.

Btw-Sanderson was assigned to the writing dept.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Rip - I rest my case.

Those paedo lovers are not deluded like they were in Ray Franz's day. These are a new breed of businessmen that love power, money and little boys.

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

The GB are in the same position as all believing JWs. For them, as much or more so than any average JW, to entertain the possibility, for even a moment, that JWism and all it entails concerning faithful slaves and armageddons and everything else, is all just a collective fantasy, is to face an unbearable avalanche of cognitive dissonance.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    punkofnice - "My views are pretty radical but... I believe they know what they're doing by now. This I feel is evidenced in the way the talks and publications feature known propaganda methods."

It's not that radical a view; despite what I said on the previous page (and the fact that I still think that - at least on some level - they're True Believers), that's definately a hard one to argue against.

punkofnice - "I also suspect that there is a/more than one paedophile on the GB hence their soft stance on those perverts."

'Specially considering the allegations about Old Man Jaracz; Barb Anderson suspected he was the instigator of DFing threats against R&F squealers back in the late 90s.

• Simon
    Simon

I've always wondered about the higher-ups ... at what point do they see all the wrongs in the organization and the politics and still believe it's god's organization? At that point they have invested so much in it and risen so high that they are interested in the power alone?

• prologos
    prologos

power is divine

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Simon - "...at what point do they see all the wrongs in the organization and the politics and still believe it's god's organization?"

Definately a question worth asking.

That reminds me...

...a long time ago, I briefly corresponded with Dr. Bob Altemeyer about his research into right-wing authoritarianism (http://home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~altemey/; IMO, this should be required reading for any XJW, right up there with COC), specifically regarding former GOP speaker (and ultraconservative born-again Christian) Tom DeLay.

Dr. Bob was of the opinion that despite his proclivity for really egregious shady dealings (he's been convicted of money-laundering), yes indeed, DeLay was a full-on True Believer, but his "Double-High" personality allowed for a type of "compartmentalization" of values that would otherwise be in direct ethical conflict with each other...

...which suggests to me that extremely religious authoritarian personalities don't neccessarily feel cognitive dissonance or its effects the way the rest of us do.

When I think about the GB's skilled use of the very propaganda techniques they've warned the R&F about (and the inevitable conclusion that they must be aware of their use of such techniques), it's hard not to see a correlation.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Reality is something the GB can not face unless they have no other alternative, the weight of the future for the corporation rests on their shoulders, they have fought and struggled to reach the top and now that they have made it to the top of the corporation their is no room for doubt, in the GB's mind the corporation and Jehovah are one and the same. Just look at how interchangable the two are in their talks, jehovah gets sad when a young child gets a wizzard toy, can be replaced with the organization gets sad, or young people leaving the organization is the same as leaving jehovah the corporations sock puppet.

These old men have a very blurry view of reality, they are delusional and in denial. Take a good look at how they treat people who leave or no longer believe in the corporation to me that is an indicator that they will use any means to support their delusion, black and white thinking, leaps in logic, compartmentalization, denial, etc...

The same way they get others to maintain the delusion is the same way they themselves maintain it.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I was looking up on Google "motivation for black and white thinking" and got this interesting blog:

http://www.girlschase.com/content/when-use-black-and-white-thinking-and-when-not

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit