Re: Revision of Sing to Jehovah—Piano Accompaniment

by pixel 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pixel
    pixel

Dear Brothers:

We are pleased to announce that the recordings for Sing to Jehovah—Piano Accompaniment have been revised and are now available on the jw.org Web site for downloading. These new recordings have improvements in their tempos, pausing, and sonic quality. The changes were based on careful observation during many congregation meetings over the past few years.

These new files will be made available only on jw.org. We encourage each congregation to download the revised files so that all can benefit from the improved accompaniment. As indicated in the December 2011 Our Kingdom Ministry, these recordings may also be played at a comfortably low level before and after the meetings at the Kingdom Hall.

Notice that this will only be for download. You read it here first!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Played before and after boasting sessions? This is going to be the same sxxx that it always was, and I would think of it as a waste of MP3 space that could hold a few Christmas songs.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Thanks for the intel. So they are admitting, in a roundabout way, that their songs needed to be improved.

I know how trivial this is in the grand scheme of things, but this is one of the little things was nudging me toward wakefulness. I wondered, “Why was the new songbook even worse than the old songbook?” And essentially, they blamed it on the rank and file…it’s not that the music wasn’t difficult to sing to, they just needed to familiarize themselves more with the music. The more I heard the new songs, the more I thought to myself, “This is a boondoggle!”

If the music was catchy in the first place, it would take little effort to pick up and sing. The problem is that the composition is just plain crap…forgive my language.

• pixel
    pixel

@ Londo 111:

New Light on music! New Light on everything!

• BU2B
    BU2B

The KH that I am a hostage in has a very old songbook. Over half of the songs are about Jesus, and how wonderful and glorious he is. Now the same words are used to praise the org.

• besty
    besty

where's dncall when you need him?

• GeorgeRui
    GeorgeRui

Did you hear the new recordings? I'm downloading it and the things are gatting worse. You should listen to the horrible pause after the first verse of song 130... this new recordings are not improvements e_e'

• toweragent
    toweragent

I see that the songs have been updated (a little), but where is the letter making that announcement?

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

And essentially, they blamed it on the rank and file…it’s not that the music wasn’t difficult to sing to, they just needed to familiarize themselves more with the music.

Some of these songs are so hopelessly constructed that, despite the length of time JWs have been singing them, they are still impossible to master.

It's funny to watch an entire audience start to fidget when they know they are getting close to one of those really awkward portions of a song...which is going to sound like a cat being dragged through a knothole everytime it's sung.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

ADCMS,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit