One of the hardest things I must do while in...

by OneDayillBeFree 16 Replies latest jw friends

• OneDayillBeFree
    OneDayillBeFree

I’ve had many single sisters (even the hot one’s that horny brothers like to circle around during intermissions at assemblies/conventions) come to me recently asking if I’m single, what my spiritual goals are and how high in the ranks I am. I just tell them that I’m not interested in relationships at the moment and that my focus is on other things. They usually get the message and leave me alone.

But I lie.

I’d very much like to be in a relationship with someone. But I force myself to say no due to the fact that I know I couldn’t be with someone who I couldn’t trust 100% with how I really feel about this religious-business-corporation, and who didn’t see this religion for what it really is.

Also I absolutely hate the JW way of dating. It’s terrible. You could never get to know someone well by dating the way the GB wants you to.

And it’s not only JW girls, but regular worldly (I hate that term) girls that I must turn down too. The reason for that is because if I’m going to have a girlfriend, I want to be committed and honest to her and I don’t plan to hide any part of who I am and that would jeopardize my fade. My only reasonable option is to wait until I’m free from the chains of this religion to finally start dating.

And I hate that.

One thing I’ve thought of and daydreamed about especially during assemblies/conventions is bumping into someone who is a JW but also awake and knows TTATT. And I’m pretty sure that there are many young people out there who are just like me. But we hide behind this thin veneer of watchtower rules and JW speak. We rarely let our guards down in public and normally wait at least until we’re all alone.

Oh the shit this religion makes you go through.

OneDay

• clarity
    clarity

Oneday ...aawww you are right there is a lot of BS.

Don't remember how old you are but really, it can

be hell to be young & bursting with energy & life.

How crazy is it, that our beautiful young people are...pretending!

>

If you are going to hang around KH's, why not do

something different.........maybe change the way

you answer questions,.... you know ... a bit more

honestly, more cutting edge.

Be confident, don't let anyone put you down.......

they are just humans pretending they know it all.

>

A grown-up female will be sure to notice your

maturity and that you now ....question.

>

clarity

• whathappened
    whathappened

Yes, you are in a fine mess right now but it will soon be over. You know what you need to do, you have a plan. That's good.

• Adventurousone
    Adventurousone

Hello OneDay:

I'm glad to hear that you have a plan. And your probably right with how many sisters who are on the line of making a break from the Society. I wish there was a way to find out who they are for you. So right now you should put all your energy towards your plan to break free. Then once your free then you'll find the right girl for you. By then you won't have to be living the lie, you can finally be true to yourself.

• Mum
    Mum

You could just go for coffee or a drink. Be honest about your situation (and, if you are, you can only go out with "worldly" girls) and tell them you are hanging back until you can be mentally free. I think most young women would find that endearing and sweet.

• thinking_not_believing
    thinking_not_believing

take it your against dating for fun? I mean why try n jump from one commitment (jw) to another (woman) so quickly. Just live man.

• Truth seeker 674
    Truth seeker 674

Put all your energy into breaking free first. Thats What I did in 1985 worked out for me. Two university educated kids. My former familly and freinds rarely come to mind these days.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Are you in because of family? If I was single I would move far away and vanish. I would call my parents and brother, but thats it... Your reasoning sounds great. You don't want any secrets in a relationship.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Look for an inactive, rebellious JW girl.

One who is just there because she has to be.

You might even get laid.

Trust me...........they are there.

Doc

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

You'll be better off with someone that WAS NEVER A JW!

Trust me I know, I've had both.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit