My first talk with JWs at the door while on vacation

by troubled mind 19 Replies latest jw friends

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I believe it is a goal for the WT to make SURE members stay confused. They stay busy busy busy, and still can't keep up so they must NEVER slow doen....right? It just pushes the point the WT wants to make with the JWs, the GB holds the only truth and the JW can NOT understand it , ever, without the GB/WT, and even then they are NEVER quite sure....must keep on their toes!

• whathappened
    whathappened

Sounds like it went well enough. Good job.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Although it fell on deaf hears, you made excellant points and in a very respectful way troubled mind! Time to celebrate.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Double post.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Did you get their names? I most likely know them

• Room 215
    Room 215

I give the two Jws credit for their willingness to continue their conversation with you, once you explained your personal situation vis-a-vis the organization.

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

I totally agree with one of the above posters. We (myself included) go to the meetings as zombies, we sat, we went, therefore Jah approves, we conquered the day with "meeting attendance" So many have no clue of all the intricacies of the complicated belief system. I bet only 10% (that show up at the door) are up on all the changes. Usually the 45+ year old sisters. Even most of the elders are clueless. I am somtimes amazed at the docrinal questions my wife asks me and she's 38, baptized at 15 or 16. Vacation pioneered...etc etc. So so many like that. Again myself included. Obviously now I could care less that I can't explain some of the more "complex"issues created by these A$$holes in Brooklyn.

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Sorry, Forgot to say troubled mind..."good job!!!" on reverse witnessing

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

I think one reason why JWs don't know their own doctrines is, deep down they know whatever is taught today is temporary and disposable.

They've been conditioned to believe whatever WT tells them to believe- actually understanding it is not required.

And, isn't amazing that what is arguably the most significant doctrinal change in the past few decades, the identity of 'faithful and discreet slave', )W 7-15-13) barely registers on the "oh, isn't that interesting" meter of the average JW?

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

I think you most definitely planted or at least watered the seed of doubt in the one that was quiet during the presentation. It's crazy to reflect on how we previously (as the ladies did) would so easily shoot down anything that made a remote amount of sense because nothing God's organization teaches us is "wrong."

Thanks for sharing and for keeping your cool, it must have been supremely difficult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit