what scriptural support is there for commanding children to engage in the door to door work

by soft+gentle 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

I have just been going over the Candace Conti case and it struck me that one of the things I'd like to see come out of this case is that Jehovahs witnesses stop involving children in the door to door work. So what would you say to them to make them re-think this issue.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

"what scriptural support is there for commanding children to engage in the door to door work"

Good question.

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

thanks Amelia, I couldn't think of any scriptural support. this may be worth making the subject of a video if there isn't already one.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

None. Only purpose is to indoctrinate the children. Also to make the parents go out: there's no excuse like, "I couldn't find a babysitter".

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Children are precious.

Treat gently.

I am with you 100%. Children do not belong out in service.

Children also should not be scared into believing that Armageddon ( TM scare tactic) is coming soon, and possibly killing them and all their friends from school.

Watchtower doctrine teaches that parents telling their child about Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny is teaching lies. The Governing Body with their scare tactics teach lies also. What 5 year old in the world is worried about 7 billion people horribly dying? JW kids. How many decades has armageddon been coming so pioneer and don't get married don't have kids, don't go to college...don't have a life. This is drummed into us. How many under achieving JW children have there been in the past 100 years?

Just Lois

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Too many. Too many lives mangled.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The WBT$ doesn't need scriptural support other than Matt 24:45 (Obey the Holy GB)

Anything the Holy GB says goes.

It seems to me the GB enjoy anything associated with abusing children!

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen.

• Ancientofdays
    Ancientofdays

In old days , I would have said Proverbs 22:6

• sir82
    sir82

JWs would cite the scripture about "inculcating" the "discipline and mental regulating" of Jehovah into children, and would consider door-to-door work as part of that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit