should I stay or should I go?

by Crazyguy 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I haven't had my DC yet and after reading about what's being said on Saturday I was thinking about not going in protest as they are not being christ like. Will this be a good technique for my kids or should i go and endure the crap and then say a few things to my children while they're listening to this garbage?

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Don't go. Why put yourself through the stress? Your kids can learn more about love and peace and being good to the world by going on a nice nature trip.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Good thing for you, there doesn't seem to be a limit on how many threads one poster can start in a day!

How would your protest go over with th family? Plus, how can you explain your knowledge of the content without admitting that you got it from this apostate site? Some things to consider.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Have a migraine.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi Crazyguy, If you feel pressured to go, at least don't stay in a hotel/motel recommended by the WTBTS. You can probably search the internet to find a nicer place to stay for less. A kid friendly place would also help you to skip more of the DC because the kids would rather play than sit and watch a boring drama/talk.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Well, ultimately that's your desicion.

You can always fake urgent and loose stools coupled with violent and pebbledashing flatus.

Just a thought.

If you do go why not record the shittiest bits for upload?

Personally, I wouldn't go........but then I don't know your position with your besties etc

• cantleave
    cantleave

Stay home and listen to "The Clash"

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Do something fun with the kids, take lots of pictures so they will have fond memories of their summer vacation.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

If you have to go just ask question later that day about the program. Make sure you look confused.

Why are they always going on about education? I don't see what's wrong with providing for your family?

Why is there so much time devoted to apostates and what kind of stuff are they talking about? Wouldn't it be better to have some positive talks about Jesus or love? Why don't they mention some specific examples of apostate talk so we would know how to be better prepared for it in the ministry? Perhaps they should have some counter-apostate demos.

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

I wouldn't and this is why: as soon as you take your seat after the opening song and prayer your mind will start bugging you about why it was you decided to come. I know this from experience and can tell you that three days sitting through the pretty picture they paint is hard to stomach when you and the rest of us know what's really going on.

But

I can understand the need to be close to friends and family- and wouldn't we all go to the moon and back for anyone we love? So, ultimately you decide.... oh and if you go maybe try what I did, take your headset or i-pod and listen to music- a bunch of people are plugged in listening to the FM broadcast of the program but using your device to listen to something you like will at least make the days go by faster.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit