Accused of thinking too much

by biometrics 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

It's funny how Jehovah gave us a mind and the free will to do with it whatever we wanted but milennia after he changes his mind and decides that a bunch of men in New York can do all the thinking for us. Our function is mainly as "doers" not creative and innovative lifeforms that use reason to ask analytical questions when doubts or worries arise.

Being a robot isn't as fun as most would think.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Great job with the too much thinking. Keep at it!

Loz x

• Hillary
    Hillary

It's the T in the BITE model. Thought control

• Badfish
    Badfish

You should read Anthem by Ayn Rand.

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

Ditto here. And told that I need to stop using worldly sources of information and reminded that worldly sources are under the control of Satan the Devil. This to me for using The World Book Encyclopedia.

• cuckoo in the nest
    cuckoo in the nest

I used to be accused of this constantly, but aren't us studies SUPPOSED to think? Aren't we supposed to meditate on what we've been told? The problem was, nobody made clear the distinction between "good" thinking and "bad" thinking. Trying to reverse engineer the doctrines and try to make some kind of sense out of them was apparently a "thoughtcrime". Does this mean I needed to lose a few dozen I.Q. points in order to be a good little JW?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Too smart for the Witnesses.

• blondie
    blondie

(Acts 26:22-25)

22 However, because I have obtained the help that is from God I continue to this day bearing witness to both small and great, but saying nothing except things the Prophets as well as Moses stated were going to take place, 23 that the Christ was to suffer and, as the first to be resurrected from the dead, he was going to publish light both to this people and to the nations.” 24 Now as he was saying these things in his defense, Festus said in a loud voice: “You are going mad, Paul! Great learning is driving you into madness!” 25 But Paul said: “I am not going mad, Your Excellency Festus, but I am uttering sayings of truth and of soundness of mind.

• cuckoo in the nest
    cuckoo in the nest

The one elder I liked & respected, an elderly elder rather than some who had barely gone through puberty, was actually a Cambridge graduate. I couldn't help but think, with a mind like that why are you here?

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Reminds me of when I was 15 or 16 years old and I confided some of my doubts to my best JW friend. I was so afraid of what she would say, how she would react. She smiled very warmly, and told me not to worry, she had some of the same doubts! Relief washed over me. I was not alone! But the relief didn't last long as the next thing she said was that she had gotten over those doubts, and that I could too, by employing a strategy her father told her about: Just don't think about them! "It really works!" she said with a huge smile. And that is when I knew I was really and truly on my own.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit