Accused of thinking too much

by biometrics 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• biometrics
    biometrics

I've been officially accused of "thinking too much".

I've tried to quit thinking, but I'm hoplessly addicted to it.I just can't seem to turn my brain off.

At times duing my school years I was accused of not thinking enough. Now I'm guilty of thinking too much!

The brother even went on to say "could you imagine what the Witness Organisation if everyone was thinking independently like you do"? I had to reply that I couldn't imagine what that would be like.

He finished with "Jehovah's organisation is made of up doers, not thinkers". and "It's more important to be doing the will of Jehovah than endlessly thinking about it".

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

LOL I've been accused of that, but by my non-JW mum. In a good way though: overthinking things can lead to excessive worry. Sometimes it's good to switch off and go with the flow. Some things can't be worked out by analysing, for instance, why some people are so stupid. Will drive you nuts.

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

Careful! You don't want to be 'Too smart for the truth'. Shame, shame.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

The biggest compliment you can ever get from a JW

I remember the exact moment I was accused of the same, one of the greatest moments of my life.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

To funny one of the elders said i was one of those people that like to be very analytical about the bible and my wife said i'm too critical of a thinker. I guess its supposed to be the blind following the blind, but i can't find that scripture.

• Comatose
    Comatose

I was told the same. The exact words were, studying too deeply and researching too much creates room for the devil.

• Quendi
    Quendi

I heard that more times than I can count when I was a Witness.

Quendi

• prologos
    prologos

They are really afraid of thinkers, of thought

In the requirement for elders

Thinking ability is not mentioned.

have you thought about that?

Thinking will sink them.

• StAnn
    StAnn

You Independent Thinker, you! Now that's a sin!

Stupid JDubs.

• smiddy
    smiddy

That is an oldie but a goldie ,jehovahs witnesses dont want thinkers they want robots that follow the lead of the GB

Thats why they reject:

Independant thinking ( you might come up with the right answers )

Studying non JW material ( you just might see the flaws in WT theology )

Group study outside the org. (All of the above )

Education higher than primary school ( You may see how dumb the GB members are , and the writing dept. )

Mixing with educated worldly people who might influence you to think. (Realising all of the above )

And last but not least (You might finally realise the Truth About The Truth . {TTATT} )

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit