Tell us your strangest, weirdest, funniest encounters going D2D

by BluePill2 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

To brighten our days we used to challenge each other to include random phrases into our presentations. That gave us some laughs. E.G. "So, when you look at the intricacy of your PORCH LIGHT, do you wonder who might be the light of the world?"

Loz x

• donny
    donny

A brother and I were working a two story L-shaped apartment complex one morning. We started at one end on the first floor and on the second door a man with bugged out eyes opened the door and said loudly "WHAT?" As my partner began his presentation, I noticed behind him there was no furniture in the living room, but there were several stands of wire stung across the room and these had papers clipped to them with clothespins. (The guy acted and looked similar to the professor on Back to the Future)

As soon as my partner had mentioned the word "God", the man interrupted and said with great emphasis "God! the Omnipotent, The King of Kings, The Most powerful, Invisible, Creator, Divine, The Source, All Powerful........................"

As he continued mentioning words or phrases that he associated with God, we slowly stepped back and made our way to the second floor. On the first door there we were invited in and we went in and talked to that family for about 20 minutes.

As we left that apartment my partner said "Hey Listen, he is still at it!" The guy was still there repeating some of the same words that he was saying when we knocked on his door. We found a different staircase and left that facility as quickly as we could. Needless to say, we did not put him down as a return visit

• GoodGuyGreg
    GoodGuyGreg

Well, there's the obligatory saturday morning coitus interruptus, that I inadvertedly caused at least a few couples. They were not happy to discuss the bible with me at that moment.

Another time, I was presenting some tracts or invitations (I can't remember which), I handed a farmer "his copy". He calmly took it, picked a screw driver from his toolbelt and punched it through the paper, then returned the now holy piece of paper to me, wheezing "scram, boy."

One of the things that made me quit service completely, though, was when I met a guy in his mid-thirties at a door. I began my presentation, and he just looked at me in a serious kind of way. I asked a question, and he kept looking at me completely silent and completely deadpan. At this point I got a bit flustered and tried to answer my own question to get some kind of reaction. Suddenly, I fully realized the stupidity of what I was telling people. I just cut it off right there, told him to have a good night, picked up my bag and went home. In retrospect, I wish more people would do that: Let witnesses explain themselves until they realize what they're actually saying.

• Shador
    Shador

Donny said:

*experience about meeting "doc brown" and his many names of God.*

Reminds me of this one encounter with some wierd homeless guy while doing street work. He took the Watchtower, flipped it upside down, and was trying to tell us about some "hidden code" contained in the name "The Watchtower - Announcing Jehovah's Kingdom" - something where each letter had a meaning and you had to turn some upside down and all kinds of insanity.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I worked in Montreal. Three men very nicely dressed were standing on the pavement talking as I was about to pass.
    I was alone. ( I dont think folks liked to work with me I was a foot in the door JW)

Very nice looking blokes .So I stopped to talk to them...Great conversation,I witnessed they laughed.
    But they shook hands with me as I left the WT & Awake.Imagine my shock when I later found out they were Mafia
    It was on TV when they were arrested. Not all together,just 1 first then two years later another,showed their faces also.

Then the next embarrising time was a sister & I worked Montreal again.It was my time to talk,
    So this guy come to the door & started talking about the KINGDOM to COME!!!! Well he took out his Penis.
    & started to shake it.All I said was " Oh I have one of them at home,but my magazine will really please you"

I dont know why he slammed the door on me. The sister never wanted to work with me again ,Cant understand why???

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

mamamo: The occaisional guy coming to the door or checking to see why the dog was barking in their underwear.

Why was the dog wearing underwear?

• bigmac
    bigmac

this is totally true.

back in my early teens--we used to go out for an hour before the tueday night book study. --selling the magazines ( this was 50 years ago )--- i was on my own--

the door opened--and the householder--a man--must have had a serious operation on his face--he had no nose--just a hole in his face between his mouth and his eyes....ive never forgotten it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit