Tell us your strangest, weirdest, funniest encounters going D2D

by BluePill2 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Perversion of a truth
    Perversion of a truth

I have two I can think of. They are not mine but my mothers.

1. This happened about 15 years ago. My mom was pioneering with one of her pioneer sisters and went to a door. They knocked but nobody answered. There was a small window up above the door where a man was peeking out of (I was told he was retarted). Anyway I guess they heard him up there or something and looked up. Right when my moms pioneer buddy looked up he had spit right before hand and spit right into her mouth... true story. She was in such a state of shock that she just froze and my mom was like, "spit it out!!" she had to tell her a few times... lol, you know the angels were laughing their asses off on that one.

2. This is a recent experience my mom told me about that only happened about a year ago. She went to the door by herself in the D2D and a man was already on his front porch. I guess my mom started in to her presentation when she realized that his pants were unzipped and his penis was just hanging out. She says she just walked away... pretty damn funny stuff if you ask me.

• SeventhSojourn
    SeventhSojourn

A sister and I go up to the front door of a typical house. Strange door, no external doorknob, just a metal plate where it should be. After several knocks and a brief wait, a creepy male voice from behind the door says slowly and quietly: "Go away." Humm... I request a brief moment just to speak with him. Then we hear: "I said go away. This house is under quarantine." The sister says we better go. Halfway back to the car I tell the sister I'm going to go back, give a quick knock and just say I'm leaving a couple of mags at the doorstep.

I pull out my mags, quickly knock and look down to place them. The door flies open, a crazy looking man with hair whacked out, bulging eyes, in a night gown starts screaming and flailing his arms at me. "I told you to go away!" I put my hands up to protect myself, he grabs the mags out of my hands and begins to beat me about the head with them. I backed up, turned around and hightailed it back to the car. The crazy guy goes back in the house but you can still hear him screaming inside with the door shut, from the street. The sister says to me: "Don't forget to write that down... you placed two mags."

• zound
    zound

There was this uber-righteous pioneer/MS in my congregation who I wouldn't be surprised if he one day makes it to the GB.

He was an only child and his parents where ultra-JWs. He rarely associated with other youths in the congregation socially as there was virtually no one who was considered good enough association for him. He was a nice guy, just you couldn't really talk to him about anything other than 'the truth'. He also looked a bit odd - in that he wore his fathers handmedown suits that looked so old fashioned on him. Also he had this copper hair that was parted on the side (like the 50's). He was a very nerdy looking guy due to this bad fashion sense and his over over protection (even for JW standards).

He was a MS pretty young and was sometimes up giving talks more often than some of the elders - this boy was going places (in the org).

Anyway he was maybe 8 years older than me and there was a period when I was witnessing alot and used to work with him fairly often. I must have been about 17 and he would have been mid twenties. We did get on pretty well cause I was never a judgemental person in the org.

He knocked on this door and this young attractive girl answered. She seemed relatively smart and they started talking about whatever subject was on the Awake for that fortnight. Things soon turned to doctrine. I was mostly (okay completely) just standing there like an idiot, not getting involved in the conversation recruiting.

She started asking some tough questions and this guy started with the typical circular reasoning (to avoid giving a straight answer). The subject was about immorality or something and he had mentioned that God commanded we don't have sex before marriage.

So I could tell she was getting a bit pissed off that he wasn't answering any of her questions, so she stopped and asked - "Are you a virgin?"

There was complete silence as the brothers cheeks lit up bright red, then he muttered quietly, "yes".

I couldn't control myself and started out and out laughing - I just couldn't stop, was in total stitches. I felt so bad and later was trying to apologise to him but i was still laughing during the apology it tickled me so much.

Needless to say I didn't give a great witness for Jehovah in that instance.

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

BluePill2 - you've got a PM.

Not sure if I've had any weird experiences. One I remember was working with a stand in CO who was black and we were in a white neighborhood of a town which (at that time) had almost no people of colour in. The stares he got were clearly very unsettling for him.

I did have a great call who was always suggesting having a drink. I took him up on an offer of russian vodka and had a very giggly few hours. Ended up in a shop buying hi-fi speakers I didn't need! Still, all time on the sheet...

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

It was a Sunday morning and I knocked on the door and out comes this groggy 14 year old boy, one of my naughtiest year 9 English students! Awkward much. He just had this "WTF" look on his face.

Nest day in class I was brainstorming advertising techniques with them and the little bugger puts up his hand and says, "People coming to your door!"

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

Our last congo had territory that housed a lot of travelling type folks and gypsies. Mainly run down terraced housing. This was our first time on the doors after we had just moved to this new cong. First door was an end of terrace house and the door was slightly open. I knocked. Nothing. Knocked again. Nothing. Somebody must have been in. So I pushed open the door a bit more so I could shout hello to anyone that might be there. There was a hallway with a room off. Out of this door walked a very small horse...

Me and my wife just looked at each other with a 'what kind of congregation have we got into' look.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Ha ha That reminds me of witnessing in the rurals. We were walking across this big paddock to a house in the middle of nowhere, and we heard this stamping behind us. We turn around, and it stops, and there's like 20 cows following us about ten metres away, stopped though as if playing that game "Statues". We say, "Ok, that's weird," and keep walking, and the cows keep following. We stop and turn around, and the cows stop again. Funny stuff, but weird at the time.

• cognac
    cognac

I was a teenager visiting a friend to go out in service at a nearby congregation. It's her turn at the door and she decides to completely lie to the householder about our names. Then, he asks questions and she doesn't know the answers so she just completely made stuff up. Then, she started laughing and couldn't stop and asked me to take over. I didn't know what to do cause I couldn't even remember the name she gave me, lol.

• cedars
    cedars

Nothing outrageous, but a random guy I once called on gave me an immaculate leather-bound King James Version "family bible." I still have it on my bookshelf.

Cedars

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I was with another 'sister' whose door it was. The householder was a young chubby woman. Sister starts to chat and then asks householder "When is your baby due?" I cringed realising the woman wasnt pregnant. She slammed the door in our faces. Not good lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit