The godless commit less crime, have longer marriages and are more highly educated than almost any other group in America

by DJS 13 Replies latest jw friends

• speargrass55
    speargrass55

Wow. Impressive. Jehovahs witnesses top the charts in ignorance. Isn't that wonderful?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

It does explain why, as I grew up, I felt less and less like I belonged in the religion. I could rarely find anything to talk to other JWs about besides pop entertainment.

I think what these overall statistics show is that those who are more successful in this world spend less time wishing for a better world to come.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Regarding the OP, this is kind of old news; it's been around for a while.

Good to be reminded, though.

That being said, I still believe that churches which embrace financial and policy transparency, respect the discoveries of history and science regardless of the implications, utilize the democratic process fairly, and foster positive community activism will have very few, if any, of those kind of problems.

And I say this as a completely nonreligious and pretty much agnostic individual who has zero inclination to join any church.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

jam - "I was told by a very religious individual, there is a direct coalition between religion and obsession with sex."

You mean "correlation", right?

And yes, for authoritarian religions.

For egalitarian religions, considerably less so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit