There for all of the social occasions,

At home -

Disrespects husband of any status,

runs up the credit card,

neglects the home,

teaches the kids only to count time.

• Fernando
    Fernando

As a recent poster pointed out quite eloquently, Watchtower religionists are so busy creating an appearance of goodness that they lack the substance of goodness.

(Google has not yet indexed the page so I cannot find it, and name the poster, sorry).

(Why does the "true religion" secretly blind its followers to the "Good News" according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms?)

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

add...

• enjoys having an "elite" status
    • enjoys being invited to stupid CO meetings
    • enjoys making other non-pioneer wives feel inferior
    • outwardly projects a humble demeanor when in close proximity to elders, COs, etc...
  • stillin
    stillin

Add:

wears out the car

never washes or cleans the car

encourages the working husband to believe that her pioneering is why he goes to work.

• life is to short
    life is to short

When I was the pioneer wife, I had to put in 90 hours of service plus work 30 to 35 hours a week to support the pioneer service, plus pick up every morning along with my pioneer husband a pioneer wife who lived a mile down the road from us. This pioneer wife did not work and did not give us a dime to help with the car gas.

On top of the 90 hours a month in service and 30 to 35 hours a week of work I also had to clean the car, clean our home every Tuesday and make goodies for book study, I than had to get up early Wednesday morning to re-clean our home from having book study.

I had no say in how our car was used just driving around aimless wasting gas that I worked for because after all I was just a stupid women and needed to be in submission to my elder husband. I also had to watch as my husband dropped me off for work and went ALONE with pioneer wife neighbor to spend the afternoon helping her get her time in. When I needed help getting my time I had no one to help me even through I had a pioneer husband because he was then too busy helping others in the hall who needed an elder.

When I was a pioneer wife I got to listen to the other pioneer wives talk about going out to the movies, out to dinners, having date nights, having fun, buying new cloths, etc while I was lucky to find the time to go to the Goodwill to get mine because my money was spent on gas and car repairs for field service. I also got to watch another pioneer couple buy a brand new car and park it a block away from the hall so as to not get door dings on it and then I got the privilege of having this couple ride in my car for free and use even more of my gas again not giving me a dime to help with the gas we were using. I also got to listen to the other pioneer wives WHO DID NOT WORK say how tired they were and how they just could not wait to get home to veg out while I was dropped off for work. I got to put 30,000 miles on my car a year.

So not all pioneer wives have it easy.

LITS

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

As an elder's wife and a pioneer of ten years, I can honestly say the only part of this thread that applies to me is ....

never washes or cleans the car

I did what I was told by my father and then my husband. It was a hell of a life and I am glad to be free of the slavery.

• Giordano
    Giordano

My wife pioneered with me and Rattigan I do not find your description accurate. My memories of other female pioneers married or single ...are positive.

The female JW was the heart and soul of the congregation and it was never misunderstood that these sisters were as qualified as any brother....... just not given the same opportunites.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

I started this thread because my PW has been making congregation territory wall maps and for their cards. They are paying for that. While she was traveling from the KH after a congregat's memorial service to where they had the get together, she got a speeding ticket (I was glad I had to work that day until that happened, made it so I worked for nothing.) Thereafter she stated that she needed a new computer for her designing. I told her, no you have to save for your ticket. She bought one without asking me (It was a good deal anyway). Now the credit cards are maxed.

Today the bossman called me in to work. The convention at least twice mentioned that we should not miss meetings for work or overtime. I saw screw that, hypocrites. Listening to what they say, pulls one out of the faith more than direct negative talk.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

The point, Giordano, is that they are hypocrites just loving the titles for the congregation's sake but going against it the rest of the time when it does not suit them. Maybe you had such a simple life that it would not factor in.

I said wife, because you would not know what they are like at home otherwise.

She said to me that we will never get ahead in this system. So, typical, blaming the system and not the actions of an anchor just dragging us down.

When I was single, I was ahead.

• life is to short
    life is to short

Rattigan

I am sorry if I came off strong as I totally get what you are saying. My husband was like your wife. He has always felt you can never get ahead in this system so why try just wait on Jehovah to pick up what you need. Crazy thinking in my book thus it was why I worked 30 to 35 hours a week. We fought over that also because my husband felt I was jumping ahead of Jehovah if we just lived on nothing then Jehovah would have paid the rent for us and stuff we needed, I was just not giving Jehovah enough time.

I have never felt that way, I think it is stupid and rude to not work, I have never taken and I hope I never have to but most of the pioneers I know did, so I get what you are saying in your post. Most pioneers I knew would take government help in a heart beat. It is just wrong in my way of thinking to take when you are able to work just to pioneer but then again I have been told over and over by my husband and a lot of JW's that my thinking is skewed.

LITS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit