Mic issues

by msconcerned 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

All David Splane had to do is simply walk around the podium and adjust the microphone stand himself... It would have taken him all of 5 seconds... But that's probably beneath him... besides, he probably enjoys publicly humiliating people whenever the opportunity presents itself...

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

I was trained for sound for the circuit and district assemblies by brothers from Bethel and they demonstrated that we could maintain the appropriate volume level even when the mic is held at chest height with a simple adjustment at the mixer...making a precise mic adjustment at the sound console irrelevant. I guess GB members don't know this and mic adjustment is like a rehearsed ritual that needs to be performed perfectly. Who would dare telling a GB he knows shit about how mics work? Some speakers like to move in on the mic to raise the volume to emphasize a point, others just like to speak loud...so I would just adjust the level down and within normal range.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Dictator David Splane looks kinda like dictator Muammar Gaddafi.

He needs to be careful with how he treats the Mic adjusters. They may snap and use one on him much the same way Gaddafi's men used a knife on "in" him...

• ThisFellowCheap
    ThisFellowCheap

Well, guess the GB like making a MICkery of themselves!

• Twitch
    Twitch

RE the OP

A good speaker makes the sound guy their friend, not a scapegoat or court jester. This one sounds like another pompous knob drunk on his own self importance. He should have a countryman gaff taped to his skull...

Rule of thumb for mic distance; 4 to 6 inches away just under the chin when yer head is up is standard practise.

Closer will get you more gain and a low end boost with directional dynamic mics due to proximity effect.

Condenser mics are more sensitive and are susceptible to plosives, the popping of Ps and Ts. Back off a bit if it happens.

In either case, a properly placed and tuned system is more key than any mic etiquette foibles

It really comes down to the timbre of the voice and how well the speaker projects.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Next time they need to get a mic handler with better spiritual qualifications.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Bethel speakers are egotistical pricks, period.

I was chairman for a talk to be given by a member of the Writing Commitee from N.Y Bethel. I asked him a question like "What song have you chosen to introduce your talk ?" and he said "Whose talk?" , so thinking I had got the wrong Dick-head to ask, I said "You are giving the Talk this morning?" and he asked back with a smarmy look on his face "Yes, but whose talk is it ?"

I suppose he wanted me to reply "It's Jehovah's talk" or something, these guys really think they are almost God, I just shrugged, being annoyed at this point, and asked "What song do you want?".

He was not impressed by me methinks !

I should have known he would have been like that, he was wearing Chelsea boots, thirty years after they had gone out of fashion, and ten years before they started to be slightly cool again.

By the way, Knob-brain's talk was instantly forgetable.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Phizzy -

Bethel speakers are egotistical pricks, period.

The arrogance filters down from the most holy GB.

Some of the Bethel speakers I observed over the years sent me to sleep.

One was like Foggy Dewhurst out of Last of the Summer Wine. I just couldn't concentrate on what he was saying as I could just imagine him walking through Holm Firth.

As for Splane.......just goes to show what arrogant filth runs the cult.

I wonder if he enjoys abusing mic men as much as he enjoys child abuse?

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

The old (& now not so old) fellas on GB2 seem to be further from a 'christlike' attitude than many people I know that make no claim to being so special.

• hoser
    hoser

msconcerned

I was at that convention too

Splane is a jerk

I felt sorry for the microphone attendent

hoser

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit