What I've been wanting to say about doubt and faith

by jgnat 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jgnat
    jgnat

Are there dread consequences for those who do not follow Christ?

• Comatose
    Comatose

You are so patient.

• tec
    tec

Are there dread consequences for those who do not follow Christ?

I thought I answered that:

There may not be life for those who live contrary to love (adding for clarity: which is contrary to Christ and God), who harm and hurt others instead, because of what is IN them.
    But for those who do live that way and in accordance to love... regardless of whether they share my vision or not... there is the promise and invitation of the Kingdom, and life.

Peace,

tammy

• Comatose
    Comatose

So the answer is they don't have to follow Christ if they are good people and lead good lives.

• jgnat
    jgnat

There's dread consequences for somebody. Though you claim an intimacy with Christ, you won't own that.

• tec
    tec

To be invited into the kingdom, as subjects of that kingdom? No... Christ's promise is that anyone who did good to even the least of those brothers of his, they did to him... and these ones are invited into the kingdom. (read the sheep and the goats parable) Someone who lives their life, loving others, showing mercy, forgiving, etc... well, they are following Christ far more than someone who claims to be following Him, but does not do as He taught. So those who did not know Him were known BY Him... and some of those who thought that they knew Him, were not known by Him.

There are also those who are brothers of Christ, in union with Him, those who follow Him and who 'carry their cross', who are his servants... these ones are part of the first resurrection, and rule the kingdom for a thousand years with Christ. He shares that with them, and He is with them even now.

Peace,

tammy (and I am once again off to work, so talk later)

• tec
    tec

There's dread consequences for somebody. Though you claim an intimacy with Christ, you won't own that.

I DID own that on the page before.

Those who are not permitted into the kingdom (the "goats")... those who devoured by fire at Armageddon (after the thousand years, not before them) for coming to destroy those who were invited into the kingdom (so those who seek to kill and destroy those who belong to Christ and God here); and those who are judged by their own words and deeds, because those words and deeds reflect upon what is IN a man.

It feels as though you are trying to get me to tell you that any non-christians or non-christians who believe like me are destined for this 'dread consequence'. But that is just not true, so I cannot say it. And I certainly cannot judge who it is or is not.

Peace,

tammy

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yes, you have gone on in great detail about the rewards of following Christ (the law of love?).

Ice Cream Stand

I'm not asking about the promised reward. I am asking about those who end up in the waste bucket?

• jgnat
    jgnat

You're not owning it as far as saying you won't be the judge.

With all your qualifications, really, there is no incentive to "Follow Christ".

• Laika
    Laika

I'm suspicious of people who say they never doubt, they must be lying?

I also don't understand this from an ex-JW perspective. When you realise there was a time when you 'knew it was the truth' and then found out you were wrong, I'm not sure how you can ever feel confident enough to say you 'know' something again...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit