Who has had their District Convention seats stolen by other Witnesses?

by ÁrbolesdeArabia 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• prologos
    prologos

The Jw are hohning their skills for the land grab after Armageddon.

are we not glad that the elders will have burying duties scheduled for us to stop that?

we hope that they are wrong in all.

we are certain they are wrong because of that.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

At the first interrnational convention I attended, I was shocked at how the seat saving stampede was unravelling. The family I was staying with also happened to be waiting for the doors to open. The duct tape people were the worst. They didn't even make any pretense of saving seats for immediate family. You heard the 'RIPPP!' of the tape and two rows were sealed off instantly. I had already placed my items on an aisle seat at the time someone was heading for me with tape. He just taped it over with the 'Sister, these seats are taken', even though I was there first. My friends pulled me back and I ended up sitting next to them and noticed that not all seats were occupied. Several were just spaces to store their lunch and book bags, and for their outer clothing.

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

And to think that these people are convinced that they are cherry picked by God himself. Well, they can have all the seating they want now - All of us will be enjoying some form of recreational activity and the real life - while they can enjoy the mind-contolling talks. I too had my stuff removed loads of times over the years - but the one time I remember best was when I had a bible study with me and our stuff was put on the ground our seats taken by this family who said something along the lines of tough luck we are sitting here now. We found other seats but my study changed his mind about coming the other days and stopped the study shortly thereafter. Guess they did him a favor!

• RobertT18
    RobertT18

Ughh don't remind me, some jerk next to me kept getting up every 15 minute and in one of those times he stepped on my bag and f'dup my lunch, didn't even apologized.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I find this seat saving contraversy so, well, childish and rude.

First, the early bird gets the worm, so if you get there early and save seats for legitimate people to sit there, then so be it. It's called using initiative.

But, to remove saved seat items and take them, or to push someone out of a seat already taken is incredibally rude. Also to save seats, unused by people but as storage seats is also exceedingly rude. It would be hard without proof that someone stole seats already taken. ( maybe take a digital picture with the stuff or person in the seats then there is a date and time stamp on it, that is proof!) .

The seats saved for stuff rather than people, should be something those ushers at the venue should focus on and give the "what for" to the ones saving seats for items. The usher could have them all scoot down until all the seats are filled with people and then fill the empty seats with people. That would cut down on that habit quick.

It is all so rudly immature, unloving, uncaring,... when I hear of these stories.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

These are the topics that will set JWs free, we need to show how "Anti Love" the and Power Craving the religion really is. You all have some great stories about bad-JWs or were they actually getting ready for their "Land Grab" as Prolos said?

My grandma was at Dodger Stadium and sat in the heat all day, when the Sun shifted she was asked to move to the seats where the Sun was now shining. She told them to Go to Hell, or said "No!" The "heavy hitters" wanted her seats now after sitting in the heat (100 degrees) with her kids, is that the love Jesus Christ said?

How were these "Heavy Hitting JWs" showing how humble they are? They are not humble, they are arrogant theives who stold one of the pieces of Jesus clothes that were divided off, we need to take one of his garments they bought from the Roman Centurian because they are not wearing it well!

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

I had posted this in the past and thought it was a good fit here also.

Seeing a 10 year old JW boy that was bound for life in a wheelchair (think Stephen Hawkings like) being moved by his father to a upper tier level area MARKED HANDICAPPED AREA blue painted marked off area ADA compliant area so he could get a better view of the DRAMA at the DC. He was laying down somewhat and could not see the stage and actors from the vantage point that the WTBTS wanted him to be which is at the back of the auditorium ground level.
    The father was getting him situated when an attendant approached him and told him that they were not allowed to be in that area. I could see what was going on and thought that if I got involved and explained to the attendant that there is an Americans with Disabilities Act that would apply in this case that would allow him to be in that spot since it was marked out with blue paint etc.
    The attendant was cordial but insisted that he would not be allowed to stay in that spot. The father who was packing up his son and moving him back down to the floor level said that it would be all right and not to worry about it.
    I was LIVID!!! I could not cool down about this, I was bouncing off the walls and although I did not make a break for the door at that point, it was, and is a major piece of straw that tipped the scales, as it were, in my favor that Sunday afternoon at the DC, how ironic.
    I would like to have thought that if it were me, I would have let the child who has very few things to look forward to, stay in that spot and if the boss over the attendants said anything I would have asked him "how would you like to be in the same situation as this child" and see if he got the innuendo.

Notjustyet here, AKA Scummydross over at JehovahsWitnessRecovery.com

• molybdenum
    molybdenum

I guess this little story is not exactly related to stealing seats but seats are involved.

My father was a district convention coordinator and one duty he had was oveerseeing the guarding of the entrance

to what was called " Administration". Only those who had special permission could enter this area.

Being part of his family we were allowed to enter this " Most Holy". I remember the first time I did so,

I was quite shocked. Unlike the R& F, those allowed in this section had comfy armchairs, bone china tea cups

and access to toilets that were plush and clean, and food that was prepared especially for them.

Those using these facilities were of course the speakers

or visiting " big wigs" from Brooklyn.

From this comfy elevated area you could look out on the R&F walking about in the pouring rain, eating from plastic cups

lining up at the food tents eating from metal trays ( This was when food was provided at assemblies)

Looking back I realise this was one of the experiences that made me question the so called equality of brothers

Talk about differences of treatment. "We are all brothers" I thought to myself,

but just like animal farm, some Brothers are more equal than others.

I saw the smug satisfied look on the faces of those allowed the priviledge of using these facilites and actually made me

quite angry.

Needless to say I never wanted to enter that " administration" section again.

But it is true you can see such kind of "me first" attitudes

among witnesses when it comes to seat saving.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

At my conventions people were always pretty well behaved. Every year we got that brief in the km before each dc and I always thought it was unnecessary because people just don't behave pike that here. You get a few bogans acting up at sporting events but jws were always pretty good. The most unruly I ever saw them at a dc was when they would wander the concourses talking when the convention was on.

• prologos
    prologos

talking about privileged seats.

When I came the first time to the hall where we would attend; after having purchased our retirement home in their territory,

I sat down, and a sister, (the local alpha elderette I found out later) come over and said:

"You cant sit there"

I should have said:"what do you mean I cant, I DO dont you see?", but did not.

Welcome to the Loveland of the WT new world society.

My advise to moving families:

never mind the waterfront properties, go to the congregation first and see the spiritual ambiance , the spirit. only then look at the real estate.

location location ----

There most be prime real estate on another planet to get away from WT privilege seat stealers

forever for good.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit