Status Report on NOT Smoking

by MrMoe 20 Replies latest jw friends

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Well, folks, I am still holding on...

The intense cravings that last 30 seconds to 3 minutes is not what is tough. What is tough is the confusion and weird feeling and the fact I feel like killing somebody. I feel like I am on a mild hallucinogenic. I am in hell. I have quit before, so I will be ok in a few days. First 3 days are the worst.

Nicotine is a highly addictive substance considered to be a major psychoactive drug. Confusion is bad right now for me because it effects a persons brain. How? Because the withdrawal is from a stimulant and my brain wave functions are returning to normal. Yes, this is a medical fact. Why do I get dizzy? From my brain actually getting more oxygen. Yes, more medical fact. Nicotine withdrawal symptoms are:

Dry mouth
    Dizziness
    Gastro-Intestinal symptoms
    Visual side effects
    Confusion
    Sore throat
    Sore gums
    Sore tongue
    Headaches
    Trouble sleeping
    Fatigue
    Depression
    Hunger
    Tenseness
    Irritability
    Coughing
    Chest tightness

I have to go now, the computer screen is blurring together.

Brain... is... melting...

Feel... so... strange...

• You Know
    You Know

The Watchtower is just plain evil for depriving JW's of the joys of tobacco addiction. LOL / You Know

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

YK - I still think DFing is harsh for ciggy smoking. And thanks for your vote of confidence.

Kisses,
    Moe

• julien
    julien

YK, how about treating people as grown up and responsible enough to take care of their own health.. Naw that would never fly in a rules-based legalistic society.

Although its funny how I don't recall that eating a high fat unhealthy diet as being a DFing offense.

• LDH
    LDH

LOL Julien.

Mr Moe, hang in there kid. If you have group health insurance, many don't know that their plan will pay for a program ONE TIME.

Check with your health insurance on their policy about paying for 'Smoking Cessation.'

Good luck, and (((((HUGS))))) to you for quitting.

Lisa

• RationalWitness
    RationalWitness

MM,

Don't forget to drink lots of water.

Rah, rah rah! (cheers)
    Rational

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

hang in Mr. Moe, way to go

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

WAY TO GO, MOE!

I did one solid, heart-pumping, hour of aerobics today.

Never could have done that when I smoked.

Sending big hugs to you!

Andee

• Unclepenn1
    Unclepenn1

Hey Mr. Moe, I really enjoyed your website. I checked out all the links you provided. The red X's where pictures should have been was great. J/k.

Just remember, if you really want to quit, having a cigarette cannot even be an option.. Don't even make it an option.

Penn

• Dawn
    Dawn

MrMoe - Hooray!! Great job - hang in there!! Your posts are helping me out too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit