Update on my Dad after week long elders school.....

by not bitter 10 Replies latest jw friends

• not bitter
    not bitter

Just spoke to my mum and she said Dad is exhausted after the elders school although he did enjoy it.

So he gets a call to attend an elders meeting in his cong.

He has told them he's not attending as he has other plans. He is taking my mum out for the day instead.

• sspo
    sspo

They will always tell you they enjoyed it and it was good and refreshing. I attended many two day school and they were nothing but same old story of repetitious stuff. More preaching/shepherding/put family first and mainly worship the GB. Glad he's spending some time with your mother.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

When my dad got back from it, he had nothing to say about it other than mention all the people that asked about me. And he was there for a "Family Night," but had nothing to say about that either. He seemed really unimpressed with the "school."

• cantleave
    cantleave

They were always a waste of time.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

As any JW who attend a WT sponsored event, the slave class knows what we need and they provoded abundantly...it was the best convention ever...dare say otherwise!

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Many feel worn out+depressed after just one meeting, your poor father has had them all week.. Don't know how elders survive mentally..

• designs
    designs

You learn about air.

• The Quiet One
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

They were always a waste of time.

That's because they were geared to the intellect of the Elders who had no education and could not or did not bother to read the Shepherd the Flock Book. Try to compare it to the "simplified" edition of the WT. It was basically read the book, then tell you in simpler terms what you just read. DUH! I remember the first KM School I attended it was using the "new" WT index (which you were instructed to bring with you). LITERALLY it was "what if you wanted to research this subject?"............"open your index to page xxx and find the word "this subject" in the 2nd column"............"now you'll see where it refers to wt90 04/15........that means April 15h, 1990 Watchtower".................

And if you think I am kidding...............I am not!

This is why the publications are written at the 8th grade level and they still have to produce a "simplified" edition.

GEEZ!

Doc

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Hey DesirousOfChange that was my first elders school also. I remember how dumb this was. They could of sent us all a letter on how to do that instead of 2 long days of listening to one person after another showing us how to use the iindex. Where did you go? I went to Plant City FL assembly hall for mine. Totally ADD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit