"No longer need to change the world" since becoming a JW

by wasblind 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cuckoo in the nest
    cuckoo in the nest

To paraphrase a line from the movie "Firefly", this whole religion is nothing but "a long wait for a train don't come". This activist, if he even exists, will soon get sick of waiting for the train don't come. He'll see continuing animal suffering, whilst being told to wait on jehovah. Really? The same perpetually pissed deity who delights in waterlogged mass extinction events? Whose terrestrial mouthpiece depicts ginger cats being thrown into the abyss when the big "A" hits? Who brands pets as false gods, and seems to think the only good animal is one on a plate or a sacrificial altar?

"Wait on jehovah" is nothing more than a worthless panacea, a promise of jam tomorrow. It does nothing to ease today's empty belly. Anyone who gives a damn about the other inhabitants of this planet, whatever their species, will soon be driven out of the WTS. They've been doing nothing but treading water for 130 years with nothing of any benefit to anyone or anything to show for it. The apathy, indifference and pointlessness of it all will be more than they can bear.

• earthfire
    earthfire

All of their rhetoric against civil, environmental and animal rights just shows how ignorant they truly are. After all, wasn't Moses technically a civil rights leader? God didn't say wait a few years and I'll think about it. He said get your ass over to the Pharoah's place now and make him free my people! And quit complaining about it too. lol

• irondork
  • wasblind
    wasblind

Thank you Jnat for the title, I was jus' to mad to see that they had the nerve

to continue to print what I already come to know of the WTS

Who ever write this stuff is truly disconnected from the real woorld

Hello there Julia, Yes you are exactly right, If lincoln hada waited on the kingdom

I would be feelin' for the mossy side of trees at night headed north of the border

Trust, Ol' Wuz don't do cold, woulda had to though if Lincoln hada " Waited "

I thank you all for your insight, because it is really needed to help others see

exactly how warped this cult is. There are many good ways to show thier stupid reasonin'

I show it from the perspective of a southerner

The reason I was so agitated because who ever wrote this article

is brainless

They fail to remember that before 1964, here in the south it was against

the law to

Marry,

eat together in public

Ride together in a car

You could get lynched if caught in a car wit' a person of another race if you were both

sittin' in the front seat

Who ever wrote this article fail to recongnize that Jehovah's Witnesses in the south now do

all these things out in field service together because the worldy folks got tired of waitin'

Black , Jewish, and white folks sacrificed their lives

because they refused to wait on paradise

• PleiadesPoliceman
    PleiadesPoliceman

Cuckoo, what was the movie Fire fly about? I loved the movie "Serenity" and the TV series "Fire fly" about a space cowboy who carries the girl with special powers in the cargo ship. Is there another movie? If not, it's the first time I seen another person who loved two great shows I love too. The GB love's to control the minds of their galaxy of JWs by telling them not to change the world while telling them to "You change the world and your the salt that changes the life of others who notice you pimping out Watchtowers and tracts, good deeds don't work like helping other worldy people as other missionaries do." As I look back on my fifty plus years of life, I can say the good deeds, clean speech and love I showed to all my non-JW coworkers is what caught the notice of other workers and people.

I worked at one company were people could get sick and nobody would check up on them, the teachings I learned from my Mother and Dad along with the Organization pushed for me to call and check up on the sick Worldy people. People up on the corp ladder, they got all the attention but I focused my love on everyone and was guilty of not helping the top brass because they had the whole company calling them. Not infrequently, people who were suffering from depression or long bouts of sick and illness would return to work and hug or kiss me and say "I really like you, nobody called from work except to ask when I was going to return! You on the other hand, you brought me a baby gift and flowers for my wife who almost died and labor while you kept bringing me cooked meals while sick. I may not agree with your doctrine yet there is not way I can say you are not Christian". The deeds performed to the wordly members and loving concern with their well-being is what changed their world view of me and my religion, not calling them and preaching the Watchtower's sickening message like we did for funeral talks.

JWs are monotheistic non-Trinity sect, my view is changing on the word cult seems too radical in our modern day times because I no longer look at Mormons as a Cult. In actuality, most JWs would leave the Organization if the leaders asked them to worship the Governing Body or if the GB said they were Jesus (which they have in so many words by saying the "Other Sheep" do not have a Mediator!

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello there Pleiadiespoliceman

I grew up worldly and attended a church

They to visit the sick and shut in. And even take up

a collection from those who are willin' to give for those who are sick

Most food banks are held on church sites, and no one is forced

to join in order to eat

Concern doesn't stop in the church, but also at places of employment

co-workers will take up a collection from those willin' to give

Place it in a card to who ever is in need wether it's sickness

or death of thier loved one along wit' flowers

Jehovah's Witnesses have the mindset that the world

belongs to Satan and so does everyone in it. That is so wrong

The Governin' Body teach that jesus is not the mediator of all

that thier members have to seek jesus through them the Governin' Body

Yes, they are indeed men who seek worship

• Heaven
    Heaven

I watched my parents become 'do nothing people' once they dedicated themselves. It filled my heart with sorrow. Watchtower's formula is destructive.

Pray More + Wait on Jehovah = Nothing Gets Done and People Get Hurt/Ill/Dead.

Giving someone a magazine is totally useless if they are starving to death. Watchtower hasn't got a clue as to how to really help people.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I wonder if these are real people or just Andre types.

I wonder how much the WBT$ has embellished and exaggerated nothing to become something?

I remember 'waiting on Jehovah(TM)' and he's a bloody waste of time...the non existant turd!

• cuckoo in the nest
    cuckoo in the nest

Hello PleiadesPoliceman, my bad, I got Serenity and Firefly mixed up. I'm in the UK so I don't think Firefly made it over here, unless it was on cable. I've just got the download of it. As a mere study who commented in the meetings with the frequency of Halley's Comet, I was in the habit of slipping lines from science fiction in, just to see if anyone noticed. Never did. Amazing how easily you can pass off "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" and "live long and prosper" as scriptural.

Punk, I've always wondered the same thing, these so-called experiences are nothing more than an over exaggerated modern parable designed to elicit a specific emotional response. Rather like Pavlov's dog. How many times can you hear about Brother Andre or Sister Mary, who lives in the rainforest but still pioneers and never misses a meeting despite having to drag their carcase through 50 miles of swamp whilst having malaria, beri beri, amoebic dysentery and a wooden leg (so why aren't you doing more, you slacking, bone idle, lazy arse proles).

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

This person will not last any length of time.He may be bummed out but all activists are bummed out at one point. This is one reason for revolving doors in NY and DC.His temperament will propel him out of JWs. I suspect he will end up here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit