"No longer need to change the world" since becoming a JW

by wasblind 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wasblind
    wasblind

I ran across this while I was lookin up a reference from another post. Here's a summary

July 2013 wt

" I know longer feel that I have to change the world "______Jukka Sylgren

Tells of his life as an activist and realize when he became a Witness he no longer

felt the need to change the world

Jukka talks of his love for animals and how he used to actively campaign for animal rights

even formed an animal protection organization

Becuase of his " Radical " stance such as demonstratin' against furriers and animal testin'

He was often in trouble and hauled off to jail

In addition to his concerns of animal rights he became involved in other organizations

he even advocated for the poor, the hungry, and the less fortunate

Then he came to realize that he could not change the world and that

these organizations only get a little done, If anything matters get worse

he felt powerless and because he felt powerless

A bible study helped him change his ways. So he gave up

and decided to " Wait on Jehovah "

He claims the hardest thing for him to do was correct his thinkin' bout

civic organizations. And came to appreciated that God's Kingdom is

the only hope for our world

And that he is convinced that the creator will not allow " animals or Humans " to be

mistreated forever

As a woman who resides in the south, and who still holds a belief in God

I refuse to believe that it " MAKES JEHOVAH SAD " that the ancestors of slaves could be

counted as more than 3/5ths of a Human bein'

I refuse to believe, that it " MAKES JEHOVAH SAD " to be afforded the dignity

to eat at a lunch counter, play in a park, or swim in a public pool

let alone read updated books at school

Forever may not be long to Jehovah, But it is indeed too long for

any human around the world who is in need of relief. Not in some

distant future. But right here. Right now

And I don't think God mind one bit at all in those

seekin' relief until he arrives

IF a day is a thousand years to jehovah, ain't no way we can wait that long

we're only human . At best we only have around 80 years

The WTS is tellin' folks to suffer thier whole lives through

I said it before , And I'll say it again

The WTS believes that Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King were trouble

makers who went to jail and they shoulda " Waited on the Kingdom "

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

(((((((((((((((((Wuzzie)))))))))))))))))))

• baltar447
    baltar447

Hearing things like that make me ponder the whole "JWs were an Illuminati inspired cult".

• jgnat
    jgnat

He's an idealist who thinks he has found the answer. I predict he won't sit well with the internal hypocrisy of the witnesses, thinking he can earnestly point out the flaws to the elders and to Bethel.

• Shador
    Shador

Yea, that pissed me off too. Especially seeing as how those causes are ones I support (albeit secretly for now).

This man had a passion, a fire inside, a desire to change things.

The WTBT$ had a fire hose.

This religion destroys the vital essence of people, stripping them of what makes them human and leaving only a soulless shell. And the sad part is, they think its an improvement. I'm somehow reminded of the Cybermen from Doctor Who.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

The Tower had no problem signing up for the protection of the United Nations, did the brothers in Malawii know the Tower could carry a "political card" and keep Jehovah's blessing?

To avail themselves of every possible benefit Satan's World has to offer behind closed doors while they published crap about how bad the UN was is duplicity. The members of the Organization have no problem telling half-truths to their pubic!

• designs
    designs

Let's hope this once good activist is just on a temporary hiatus.

• whathappened
    whathappened

As Jehovah's witnesses we were taught that the most important thing was to help save other people's eternal lives. There is no time for any other good deeds. It keeps the rank and file from straying from the flock, which suits the WBTS's needs just fine. As long as headquarters is happy, they don't care about anyone or anything else.

How glad I am to no longer associate with them.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I hear ya, Wasblind! You'd still be picking cotton if not for people like Abe Lincoln, Rosa Parks and MLK. It really pipped me when they reinterpreted the toes of Daniel's image to mean that modern democracies are 'weak' for allowing civil rights campaigns and things like that. Things that cause divisions- so they think it's better for African American people to be treated as second class citizens. They think it's better for people to be able to mistreat animals with no consequence. They think it's better for women to stay at home and get bashed (they do) and for Aboriginal Australians to be treated as aliens on their own land.

Standing up for yourself and your family/people in the face of oppression is considered being a trouble maker. Aung San Suu Kyi is just a trouble maker like Rosa Parks, yet Burmese and African American JWs get aaaaalll the benefits of their legacies and work. The people who brought down the Berlin Wall- trouble makers all, but who benefits? Millions of people including JWs. It is fitting, however, that anyone who stands up against injustice is labeled a trouble maker. Isn't that how you're labeled in the JW congregration if you stand up against injustice? Shuddup and pick that cotton. Wear the chains and like them.

• glenster
    glenster

MLK, RFK, Stephen Colbert, etc.: liberal.

The GB is conservative with feigned distinctions that can cause needless harm,
    such as due to the GB policies on blood and shunning. Worse, they send cus-
    tomers through the public for more customers while holding them to overdone
    shunning rules to discourage association with those who could expose the con-
    trivances used to affect those distinctions. By definition that includes groups
    with the purpose of correcting misinformation to stop needless harm.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit