Was the TM School really any good ?

by Phizzy 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

I have to honestly say I feel like the TMS did help me in a few aspects as it exposes you to an audience and the public speaking environment. It definitely helped me to get over (or at least cope) with my terror of speaking in front of others and helped me to at least read moderately-well in three languages.

What I never understood was how I'd pass a lesson and then be reassigned the same one within a few months. But you do have very valid points that cannot be refuted, some of us learned something while most of us dreaded our assignment and couldn't wait for it to be over.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

We judge the School we plan to send our kids to by the quality of student it turns out.

If the majority of students leave the school virtually illiterate, and un-educated, just because a few bright students rose above that, would you still send your children to such a School ?

The TMS has done nothing for the average JW who does not have the skills or the interest to take advantage of it.

Most JW's are virtually illiterate, in the sense of not reading anything of worth, and are un-educated.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

As a young adult, I had a long, but ultimately successful, battle with shyness. The TMS helped me in no small way to overcome this.

I also developed into a good speaker (not my own estimation, but the almost unanimous observations of others), again, thanks entirely to the TMS.

Further, I was by no means a natural speaker. So while it may be the case that the TMS has helped some with natural talent to develop their latent abilities, that wasnt the case with me. My speaking skills learned on the TMS have helped, particularly in facing down an angry crowd in some Third World country, who were teetering on the brink of becoming a Lynch mob!

While I too have been guilty of bashing anything connected with the JWs, the TMS is not as useless as many ex JWs claim it to be.

(White Dove, eat your heart out!)

Bill.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit