Do JW's even read the Watchtower?

by zound 26 Replies latest jw friends

• zound
    zound

I know I rarely if ever read the magazines that I used to promote and place with householders (besides the Watchtower study). Hypocritical no?

• sspo
    sspo

I did when i was in but i have to say that most witnesses would not and that included elders.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

I didn't read them, I was an elder and just skimmed the study articles.

Way too boring.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Me too. It's not possible to read everything they pump out. It's just too boring and repetitive.

• T D Joseph
    T D Joseph

I was reading every word of the magazne and used to share with fellow Witnesses to my own surprise--to know that they never bother to read it!

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

It must be the super moon!

I was thinking the same thing!

I only had to read one article just enough to explain it at the door and I was a child.

Long standing overseer said we would study WT at the KH.

• Joliette
    Joliette

I dont see how anyone could read those magazines. What a bore and a waste of life.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I was the same as Ldrnmo, I used to speed read the study article, if anything popped out as interesting,(rare), or a point I wanted to make, I would perhaps research a little on that point at home, or even at the K.H just before the WT "study".

But this was hardly an in depth thing, just enough to make it look as though I had really "studied". The words hypocrite and fraud come to mind, oh well, I was in a huge company of similar people, that's my excuse.

I rarely read the small articles, except on a number of occasions out of boredom during the WT study, at least I was sitting there apparently absorbed in the study, again appearances were everything.

That reminds me of when I was about 11 or 12 I had a James Bond book inside my Bible and was reading it during the Service Meeting, my Mum spotted me avidly reading the Bible, and came over and snatched the book away, I suppose it was a bit obvious, me reading thje Bible non-stop for 20 minutes, I think though that someone sitting behind me grassed me up to her, rather than her working out the ruse. I must ask her.

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

I stopped reading WT and Avake, about 5 years before I stopped doing the "service". I had just found out that the texts were copies of copies of copies slightly changed, with some words here and there. Exactly as the hebrew scriptures, as the book of Kings is almost equal to the chronicles or the books of Samual a.s.f.

This shows either a lack of intelligense from GB or just that they have no ideas of how to put the different texts to united idea.

Bugbear

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

virtually every subject that I raise to my wife, gets the deer in the headlights look. They don"t read their own literature. But it's supposed to save the lives of others

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit