Daniel Chapter 7 - Commentary - NEW ARTICLE

by EdenOne 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Separation,

I agree, the Scriptures point to Christ.

Still, what is written is written for a reason and I aim to find out just what it is, if nothing else, just to get rid of the burden that everything in the past must necessarily mirror into the future. I'm not a preterist, but christian life is much more free when the burden of "prophetic types" and "multiple fulfillments" of prophecies is done away with. Of course, there are things still to be fulfilled ahead of us, but I suspect, as I keep on researching, that much of what we read in the scriptures already had its fulfillment. That's why I'll keep on researching ... also because we must "make sure of all things". ...

Eden

• AwareBeing
    AwareBeing

No problem EdenOne, we'll cut each other some slack.

I should have called it Daniel's beasts.

Also, don't feel stressed over web improvements all at once.

In time you'll get it done and I'll be able to read more.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Eden, a final bit of criticism on your interpretation. I see you explain the four heads of the third beast as the Diadochi. So far I agree. But what would be unusual is for one of the four heads of the third beast, the Seleucids, to become the fourth beast. This is an unprecedented development, certainly the exception to the rule. Each of the previous beasts would represent a new nation(s). That's another reason why I prefer the natural progression of the beasts to be Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece, and lastly Rome.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Remember that the four animals are seen from the perspective of the "holy people", Israel. Although there are more empires on earth, the prophecy only concerns itself with those who interact significantly with the "saints of the Most Holy", the specially cleansed people of Yahweh, the Israelites.

Edenone,

The fourth wild beast in Daniel is the last iteration of Christianity before the end.

It is Jesus Christs Kingdom being ruled by those "saints of the Most Holy".

I come to that conclusion by comparing the adjectives and nouns in two passages of scripture.

Try it:

Daniel 7:19

"Then it was that I desired to make certain concerning the fourth beast, which proved to be different from all the others, extraordinarily fearsome, the teeth of which were of iron and the claws of which were of copper, which was devouring [and] crushing, and which was treading down even what was left with its feet;

Micah 3:1-5

And I proceeded to say: "Hear, please,YOU heads of Jacob and YOU commanders of the house of Israel. Is it not YOUR business to know justice? 2 YOU haters of what is good and lovers of badness, tearing off their skin from people and their organism from off their bones; 3 YOU the ones who have also eaten the organism of my people, and have stripped their very skin from off them, and smashed to pieces their very bones, and crushed [them] to pieces like what is in a widemouthed pot and like flesh in the midst of a cooking pot. 4 At that time they will call to Jehovah for aid, but he will not answer them. And he will conceal his face from them in that time, according as they committed badness in their dealings.5 "This is what Jehovah has said against the prophets that are causing my people to wander, that are biting with their teeth and that actually call out, ‘Peace!’ that, when anyone does not put [something] into their mouths, also actually sanctify war against him,

abe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit