Former COs that Become Inactive

by Bob_NC 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Much thanks for this information on Joe Sleighman (or Slaman? - he was of Iranian or Iraqi origin I believe) Max. I still remember one of his talks on the trinity at a circuit assembly and how impressive he was as a speaker. I was amazed to learn years later he had 'gone apostate', over what I heard at the time was from disagreeing with the JW's chronology or similar. Hearing that placed a tiny seed of doubt in my mind..."Wow, how could a District Overseer leave?"

I wonder what happened to Joe and where he is now? Would be keen to know more if any Antipodeans happen to know.

Former CO's and DO's can have a special ability to help JW's break free, if they would only join the ex-JW community.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Jookbeard -

Peter Barnes

He lived near me. He was a strange, greasy and arrogant bloke. His Mum was a nice old dear though. I care not a jot what happened to him.

• Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub

Thanks Max... Joe was still a JW when he left WA. I know he was in Bethel for a very short time as we caught up with him when we visited Bethel for lunch in Sydney. My friend I was holidaying with know both Joe & Jean really well. Was the first time I met him.

I also remember Carl as a substitute CO in WA. He served at our Congo once... My relatives knew him really well. I kept clear of him...

• James Jackson
    James Jackson

What about John Graeff? He left Alabama for Texas, then disapeared.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I know a former CO who was dfd for being a pedophile, and then jailed, then reinstated, then dfd again for adultery, then reinstated...

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

(or Slaman? - he was of Iranian or Iraqi origin I believe) yadda

I think might have spelt it Sleiman (?) and called himself 'Persian' which probably means Iranian in modern terms.

I still remember ... how impressive he was as a speaker ... I wonder what happened to Joe and where he is now yadda

He was brilliant. I heard he was living in NSW and happy and well.

I also remember Carl as a substitute CO in WA... I kept clear of him... Jaidubdub

Very wise. I tried to, and sometimes suceeded. Usually failed. I went into his house once: he had big white leather couches. He was hard work. So was Pam. He was an ultra conservative.

Joe was still a JW when he left WA Jaidubdud

How the memory condences things! He couldn't have stayed in for long after WA though.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Punky, he cant be all bad if he threw it all in !

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Jookbeard - He annoyed me one day by commanding me to ride my bike on the road not the path. I agree with this but I was only a kid. I thought he was a bully.

So he threw it all in did he? I wonder if he rides his bike on the path now?

• SophieG
    SophieG

James Jackson:

What about John Graeff? He left Alabama for Texas, then disapeared.

Was he a young tall single CO? If we are talking about the same guy...HE DIDĀ disappear! Wow!

*edit* I recall thinking: "why is this young dude who seems fairly intelligent and one of the funnier COs, SINGLE?"

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Blondies link is about his story

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit