Jesus never started his ministry untill he was 30 years of age ! What should that tell us ?

by smiddy 10 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy
    smiddy

While this always bothered me ,I still wanted my 2 boys to be baptised as soon as practical so they would survive the big A or else get a resurrection into the new system of things.Thats how indoctrinated I was.Both my boys were baptised in their early to mid teens.Neither have ever been disfellowshipped or disassociated themselves ,however both have nothing to do with the religion today. (thankfully )

How many family lives have been ruined because children/minors have been baptised at a young age and in the majority of cases have committed trivial offences against Watchtower policys/rules .sometimes with tragic consequences .

Teenagers have a difficult enough time as it is dealing with changes to their bodies and coping with new emotions as they transform from boys to manhood and from girls to womanhood .

Here in Australia you cant get a car license and drive on your own till your 18 yrs old ,vote at elections , or drink alcohol at a pub.and many people will argue,that is too young to start doing those things as they are not mature enough .

Yet the WTB&TS / jehovahs witnesses put life and death matters in the hands of minors / children ,as regards the use of blood and blood products ,fractions of blood ,what is currently acceptible ,and what is not.

An adult witness would find it hard to keep up with what is current and what is not current in the ever changing policy regarding the blood issue ,let alone a minor/teen who is expected to make a life or death decision at a critical time.

A teenager /minor does not have that capacity to make such an enormous decision about life or death ,when the WTB&TS acknowledge they often fail to make right decisions in trivial matters ,hence the disfellowshipping of thousands for trivial rules imposed by the Governing Body ,man made rules at that .No birthday celebrations,No smoking,No associating with a disfellowshipped baptised witness,No questioning what the Governing body has said,accepting a blood transfusion,formerly a disfellowshipping offence , now stated ,you disassociated yourself from jehovahs witness teachings so you disfellowshipped yourself . Same result shunned from all family and so called freinds,These and many more manmade rules imposed on the jehovahs witness whether young or old.

Other practices that are restictive to jehovahs witnesses :they are against higher education ,critical thinking ,reading anything outside WT publications ,studying the bible outside WT publications ,or even group witnesses discussing the bible independantly of the WTB&TS.

The WTB&TS ( Jehovah`s Witnesses ) want total control over their members ,in what they read ,what they say , and who they associate with .

Does that sound like a Christian religion to you ?

Or a Cult

smiddy

• gorgia2
    gorgia2

Yep - that'd be a cult. I was seen smoking a cigarette (!!!!) when I was a teen. I was crouched down low in the middle of an alley-way, surrounded by (worldly) friends, & yet I still managed to be 'caught' - some Witness went to the elders. I was very fortunate not to ever have been baptised. I remember a Witness friend of mine getting into a whole lot of bother when she was a teen, for a skirt that fell too high above the knee - she was spotted somewhere also.

I don't know how teenagers in this cult manage these days where there is scant privacy to be had and so many more opportunities for people to spy on them; they must be getting into trouble all the time. I hope this rubs some Witness teenagers the wrong way as it did me and cause them to realize that these people who spy and tell tales - though there may be some Witnesses who do it out of genuine worry for the teen's possible demise at the big A - do it out of sheer love of gossip and pious snobbery.

Because it's a cult.

gorgia

• irondork
    irondork

I was thinking about this topic recently.

km 3/90 Continuing Our Ministry Without Letup p.1 par. 2

It was our Leader and Exemplar, Jesus Christ, who gave the command to make disciples.

Yes, but how old was he when he did that?

The fact that they push child baptisms and even judge the spirituality of the parents based on wether or not their teenager is baptised is more evidence that the WTS only pays lip service to the notion that Christ is their "leader and examplar."
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

It doesn't matter what's REALLY in the Bible to the WBT$. They will cherry pick and spin things to their own ends.

It is indeed a cult.

The GB are in this for power over others, money and little boys to fiddle with.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

If I had a teenager in my class who was being shunned by his or her parents I'd call the Department of Child Safety.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

He also was not baptized until 30 and yet the WT tries to guilt us into baptizing our children in their tweens and teens. Meanwhile they still call baptism "the most important decision you will ever make.." Ok so I should let me 13 yr old get married then? Fcuking idiots!

• mP
    mP

@XHEHERE

Baptism is an ancient pagan custom copied by the Jews from the Egyptians, along with circumcision, marriage, polygamy, the chant "Amen' and more.

• AwareBeing
    AwareBeing

It means get some training and experience before committing others to your beliefs.

This includes getting it right, and not believing everything you hear at first!

Honesty may come out the mouths of babes; but the parents have to be trustworthy.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

It tells me I had no business knocking on doors at 6 and presenting literature I didn't understand or standing up giving talks that my Mother wrote for me that I didn't really understand. I was such a "good little boy".... but inside I was very uncomfortable and embarrassed.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Jesus never started his ministry untill he was 30 years of age

It means that he was having a good time for a while. It also menas that even wise people sometimes err. He could have avoided death and continue having a good time. But noooo, He wanted to play the martyr. To his credit, he started a religion that has had more influence than anything else in the history of western civilization, for better or worse. Some time ago I thought it was for the better. I am not so sure anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit