More bad chronology from the Watch Tower Society

by Jeffro 78 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    I think you'll find this book right up your alley: J. VanderKam, From Joshua to Caiaphas: High Priests After the Exile (2004)

That book did come up in my earlier searches for sources, but alas I couldn't find an online copy.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

You tried amazon already? The 'Look Inside' feature?

I think this book expands on earlier work he's done, where he's contributed essays in other books. I've seen that some of his contributions are almost the same as sections in his 2004 book, and I've managed to see some parts that the amazon preview had blocked off :-)

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

AnnOMaly:

You tried amazon already? The 'Look Inside' feature?

Thanks. I don't usually use the Amazon site. I had tried the 'Look Inside' link but it didn't seem to do anything. I have since determined that the site doesn't like the fact that I block cookies by default.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

So if the 70 weeks prophecy started in the first century then when does it end?

Daniel 9:24

"There are seventy weeks that have been determined upon your people and upon your holy city, in order to terminate the transgression, and to finish off sin, and to make atonement for error, and to bring in righteousness for times indefinite, and to imprint a seal upon vision and prophet, and to anoint the Holy of Holies.

Matthew 13:39-43

. The harvest is a conclusion of a system of things, and the reapers are angels. 40 Therefore, just as the weeds are collected and burned with fire, so it will be in the conclusion of the system of things. 41 The Son of man will send forth his angels, and they will collect out from his kingdom all things that cause stumbling and persons who are doing lawlessness, 42 and they will pitch them into the fiery furnace. There is where [their] weeping and the gnashing of [their] teeth will be. 43 At that time the righteous ones will shine as brightly as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Let him that has ears listen.

Most people just are not listening!

Let him that has ears listen.

abe

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Stop listening to the Watchtower Society and start listening to Jesus Christ (and his Apostles).

Let him that has ears listen

abe

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    So if the 70 weeks prophecy started in the first century then when does it end?

It didn't. Please go away.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Matthew 17:5

5 While he was yet speaking, look! a bright cloud overshadowed them, and, look! a voice out of the cloud, saying: "This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved; listen to him."

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

ablebodiedman:

5 While he was yet speaking, look! a bright cloud overshadowed them, and, look! a voice out of the cloud, saying: "This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved; listen to him."

Yes, you like to quote from your favourite storybook. You're not actually providing any relevant context for anything at all, or even any evidence that Jesus actually existed or that he (or the magic voice from the sky ) ever said the words ascribed. Now please go away.

• mP
    mP

@able

Better go be a good slave and pay your taxes. Make Jesus happy and pay everything to the government just like he told you to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit