GB and partaking

by Crazyguy 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I was told that before 2007 there were a couple of GB's that did not partake and that after the 2007 change now they all partake, is this true???

• Shador
    Shador

AFAIK, the GB has always been made of all "annointed" - so they would all have partaken.

• blondie
    blondie

That person is probably confused with the fact that the corporations are headed by non-anointed jws since 2000 and that non-anointed jws act as assistants to the GB. But any GB members must be anointed and partaking. In the 1940, Hayden Covington was appointed to the Board of Directors (the equivalent of the GB back then) but stepped down because he was not anointed and partaking at the time.

*** w01 1/15 p. 28 How the Governing Body Differs From a Legal Corporation ***

ANNUAL meetings of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania have been held since January of 1885. When the ingathering of anointed Christians was underway in the late 19th century, the directors and officers of this corporation had the heavenly hope. In fact, this has almost always been the case.

There was one exception. In 1940, Hayden C. Covington—then the Society’s legal counsel and one of the “other sheep,” with the earthly hope—was elected a director of the Society. (John 10:16) He served as the Society’s vice president from 1942 to 1945. At that time, Brother Covington stepped aside as a director to comply with what then seemed to be Jehovah’s will—that all directors and officers of the Pennsylvania corporation be anointed Christians. Lyman A. Swingle replaced Hayden C. Covington on the board of directors, and Frederick W. Franz was elected vice president.

• Awakened @ Gilead
    Awakened @ Gilead

Actually, there may be some substance to the OP. whie I was in Gilead, there was some controversy about brothers who were "newly anointed", and began partaking later in life.

• blondie
    blondie

Oh, so the WTS was judging whether the GB were "real" anointed? I can see them questioning the anointing of the 144,000 still on earth. Amazing, since God's holy spirit makes the choice per the bible. When Peter was reluctant to accept Cornelius and his group, Peter had to see outward manifestations to finally have them baptized. So the WTS requires outward evidence of spiritual anointing now? I wonder how long the current GB had to proclaim their anointing before the WTS validated it?

I have never seen it officially stated that the GB did not have to be anointed, not anointed yesterday of course. Of course, in the case of Covington, the WTS finally realized that if the Board was essentially the GB, that Covington did not qualify at the time. He went on later to claim to be of the anointed and partook.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

I do not remember that all Gb partook it seems that they had special privileges because they were choosen to be apart of the GB. I find it strange that all are considered anointed. Were they all 144,000 class in the 60s and 70s?

I did not grow up believing they were ALL part of the anointed class and find it strange. Why would they be?

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

SarahSmile...In the Watchtower Money Making, Made On Slave Labor and Donations, Religious Charity lol Business Corporation, if you want to be of the Anointed "Class", next Spring all you do is sip the wine and nibble the cracker. Easy - peasey. You are now of The Anointed. Of course, but NOW if you partake, the cult speak is that YOU are mentally maladjusted, but not THEM. lol

SarahSmile ...You find it strange The Governing Body say they are of The Anointed? Did you not know The Anointed are special. God tells them so. To partake each Spring means you are saying that GOD SPEAKS TO YOU. Sorry, I really, don't mean to shout, i just want you to wake up and realize these "Eight Goof Balls" have NO POWER except what you give them. There is an illness about hearing God speak to you and you thinking you are better than everyone else. It is egotistical. Does that image fit The 8 Goof Balls"? I think so.

ANYBODY can partake. They (Watchtower literature controlling mechanism) say it is between you and God. Convenient, huh? So if God speaks to you, you are good to go.

Just Lois

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

"Partaking" is the quickest, easiest way to get promoted in the WT org! Your mental health will come into question, but not to your face. The BOE is too afraid to openly question a persons decision to partake.

Instant COBE, with opportunities for quick advancement.

You may be thinking of back in Rutherford's early days, one of his good ol' boys in the club was not a partaker. Some wrote in asking "how can this be?" So the guy was moved to a different position.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

LoisLane your SHOUTING! Never noticed. Yeap God talks to them and everyone cringes! Yes I remember it all too well, puke! Special choosen ones LOL,LOL.

Did you think I need to wake up! priceless! Cute. You are right on about people like the Governing Body who thinks God speaks to them but it is not just GB who thinks that way. Most of the special 144,000 class at local Kingdom Hall think they are "SPECIAL." One told me that every time she partook she could feel the holy spirit come through her like electricity. La,La,La,Land. Born and raised as a JW, I have never known a normal partaker. It just goes to their heads.

Considering I do not believe God needs to speak to people or send jolts of electricity yes I am good to go! Heaven forbid if I go to a Kingdom Hall! God would probably strike me down if I even considered such an awful thing. That is like turning my back on Jesus Christ!

I believe all should partake.

Captain Obvious, Wew I knew someone who partook for fifty years. Here something, for her fifty years of partaking elders came to her house every year after she partook. They tried to place doubts in her mind that she was not one of the 144,000. I guess her and another friend had to get together to vent and laugh about the elders questions but they kep it to themselves. Anyhow, I remember the rumor that went around in fact one elder basically said that she wasn't.

The GB can manipulate anything but they did notball partake in the 60s and 70s.

• prologos
    prologos

sarahs smile: You believe all should partake: but

hopefully not sink into the delusional stae of the current partaker.

You are so right. according to johns writing of jesus words in John 6. all should partake, not to go to heaven, but to stay on earth.

live period.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit