Invites, Parking and the DC - a true laughable story

by wizzstick 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub

We've never had any issues with not being allowed in without a badge. I stopped wearing them about 8 years ago when one of those badge holders snagged my brand new expensive outfit...

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

There is another big shiny new car park at the Amex (well 5 mins walk away) as well now which they use on match days. Regardless, I will not be parking in it. Having had to put up with being there all day, I will be parking in Moulsecoomb and ensuring I can get back home as quickly as possible and enjoy a glass of something special.

Actually, perhaps I should take a hip flask...

• StAnn
    StAnn

Growing up, we lived 50 miles away from the DC when it was held in Cincinnati, Ohio, for the International Assembly sometime mid-1970s. Everyone was going to release early on Saturday and go out witnessing in the territory around the old Riverfront Stadium. Needless to say, over 20,000 people couldn't witness in downtown Cincinnati so they handed out territories way far out of town. We were so excited about this "special" witnessing, until they landed us right back in our own town!

BTW, about that International Assembly, they had us believing we'd be having pioneers from all over the world there in native costume. I think there were only two special international pioneers there and they wore the standard issue JDub uniform. Such a let down.

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Here's an interesting story about JDubs and DC Parking:

http://www.watchtowernews.org/tacomapark.htm

• StAnn
    StAnn

Tresdecu, I was waiting for someone to bring up the Tacoma incident.

• SadElder
    SadElder

When attending a convention in Daytona Beach, FL some years ago. We had to go late since we were giving a ride to a new brother who worked nights. We actually held two parking tickets. When we arrived about 10am there were no parking slots remaining in the lot. After driving around for 30 mins. looking for street parking, we left and went to breakfast and then drove the 80 miles back home. Needless to say we had a lot to say to the convention office the next day and basically got ignored.

• nonjwspouse
  • whathappened
    whathappened

What a farce!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit