Couple other interesting DC tidbits...

by goatshapeddemon 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Smart kids.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Wow. This cult isn't even trying to make sense anymore. Welcome to all the lurking Newbies coming this Summer!

My JW reliatives have helped alot of illegal immigrants. Now, I wonder if they will use it as a reason that they shouldn't help them out? The Spanish congregation where they live is not legal Cubans, it's Central American and a good number are illegal. And, it's going to shrink if they go home. But, I wonder how many will actually go home as opposed to quit the WTS. Thinking about the WTS "love/" The Catholic Church has taken a humanitarian approach to this problem. Remembe the woman who was rounded up by the Feds a few years back? She and her American citizen son refuge in the Catholic church. Hell, the Catholic church sponsored my ancestors to come to the USA. Many of the "illegal" mmigrants have "legal" children, families, jobs, and houses here too.

Here's my two cents:

• Central America//South America is where the potential is for the JWs. If the illegal JWs go home, then they can help get new followers there.
    • This means less Spanish congregations in the US, which means less Americans attending them "for the closeness". This is really teaching separation. Watch, the American JDubs are going to start to look down on ALL Spanish congregations. My bet.
    • The WTS strives to make people's lives unbearable, so they will hope for the New World. The WTS then puts them in the predicament to have an unbearable life.
    • No education lowers economic freedom and its opportunities that come with it. Happy people don't need the Truth.
    • No immigration to better countries, means lower economic freedon and its opportunities that come with it. See above.
    • No holidays is a way to split up families and provide the JDubs presonal vindication of "us v. them" mentality. Family rifts means unhappiness and an avenue for the WTS to gain more control.
    • Not going out to lunch? That was the big event of fun and what kept a DC bearable. And, it was the JDubs opportunity to wear nice clothes and be such great people to the worldlies that they would want to attend the afternoon session. And, they passed out invitations. Also, the DC lunches . . . someone should record the "no lunch" policy and get it to the vendors. Isn't the DC touted to the worldlies as an economic boom?

I remember last year's DC. It's held at a big arena with 2 recreational skating rinks. Well, I was there for recreational hockey. The JDubs walk over to the rink's rec area to watch skating. I started telling them how I was raised in the Truth (eye's light up) and why I left it (they ran away). The JW hall monitors were motioning people to not talk with me. LOL. So, I didn't go in the rink yesterday, but was at a mall near it. The parking lot was packed. Must have been a DC.

. . . . anway, Welcome to all the Lurking Newbies. It ain't you, it's the Watchtower Society.

Skeeter

• ilikecheese
    ilikecheese

"2) they told people in the morning announcements to bring your lunch from home so as to not to leave the convention site and thus avoid supporting the worldy outside vendors"

Not to be a butt... okay, maybe I want to be a butt... unless you have a farm in your backyard, aren't you ALWAYS supporting a worldly food provider? The sandwich you've packed is filled with ingredients from those evil worldly farmers. Or are they not evil? Is it just Big Macs and Whoppers that are demon inspired? What's the current understanding?

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Likeacheese! Love that comment! But, there is a "worldly" food provider . . . Monsanto.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

So Barrold,

Since what you explain makes the most sense, why do the speakers claim not buying from outside vendors is to " not support the worldly vendors" or to "encourage fellowship" instead of a contract rule.

THE TRUTH is simpler than creating the tangled web of lies. So they tell the JWs the arrangement conditions, but then I guess they have people potentially questioning the excessive amount of money they claim the convention to cost.

Such a tangled web...

• Adventurousone
    Adventurousone

Hello Goatshapeddemon:

It's probably a way for WTS to save on Gilead students being shipped off to another country. They also ship their belongings so that

costs them a lot. And of course wouldn't be much easier on them if the publisher pays his own way to go back home. Saves them

It's all about money with them, more money in their pockets.

• ilikecheese
    ilikecheese

skeeter, at least they're right about one "evil worldly" food provider! haha

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

D.C's are a distant, if painful memory for me, my bum and my brain still feel the pain of sitting for all those days, listening to Yadda Yadda Drone Drone, and Mrs Phizzy would prod me awake because I snored loudly !

I feel so sorry for the JW's who still believe, we are supposed to be "sooooo close" to the "End" and yet the WT has nothing to help them preach the word that is even as good as the stuff of yesteryear.

I would have thought that depression rates amongst the Dubs must go up significantly after a D.C , when they get home and find that nothing has changed, there is nothing new, and they are expected to do more more more.

That probably explains the drop off in Meeting attendance I used to observe after a D.C, they certainly do not "build up", they are simply a money spinner for the W.T

• steve2
    steve2

But surely if the GB is providing the hungry throngs with meat in due season the hungry throngs should not need to get nourishment from either the vendors or from their own supplies?

• ilikecheese
    ilikecheese

That's true, Steve. "It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouths of the Governing Body." Those conventioners shouldn't be eating.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit