Depressed Or British?

by Englishman 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Prisca
    Prisca

Actually, my post was blaming it on the weather, and the depressing town architecture they live in!

No wonder so many Brits love Neighbours and Home and Away. What a stark contrast our great sunny weather and beautiful beaches are!

• expatbrit
    expatbrit
    What a stark contrast our great sunny weather and beautiful beaches are!

Yes indeed! Perfect for running screaming along when you've been bitten by something poisonous.

Just kidding Shiela! Australia is definitely on my "places to see before the occurrence of death" list.

Expatbrit

• Englishman
    Englishman

Er, Prisca, England is an absolutely beautiful country where only people with little money to buy their homes live in identical little boxes.

The difference is that they own them, unlike most of the rest of the world.

Yes it rains a lot, but it rains heavily in every green country, it's the price of beauty!

Englishman.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Okay, okay Eman, I'm sold! It's beautiful! Now when ya gonna send us the tickets?

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• Prisca
    Prisca

*waving hand madly*

Don't forget me!! I love England too!

Have passport, will travel.

• Shimmer
    Shimmer

Could my 12 yr. old son possibly be British? He never has anything positive to say and he can find something negative in every situation....even a trip to Disney World. Hmmmmmm...Something to ponder.

Shimmer

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

You know I've always said you can trust The Guardian. (Owyergoin' Stephen? ) Anyway, see how they get it just right when they say this guy "Doctors described Farthing as suffering with Pervasive Negative Anticipation - a belief that everything will turn out for the worst, ...........England's chances at winning any international sports event"? I call that just being realistic!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• Sirona
    Sirona

I live in a nice house with a lovely pond and beautiful garden. :)

Sun isn't everything, and as someone who has had skin cancer, I think I'd rather stay out of the sun and keep healthy. On the subject of weather, we don't have tornados, we don't get snowed in (hardly ever) and we don't have extremes of temperature. Winter is mild, summer is mild. In summer we often have a few weeks of sunny days, its not like its permanent rain. We have proper seasons. and another thing: we don't have lethal insects to be afraid of, or snakes, or skunks, and we don't have earthquakes. Oh, and our houses are not made of plastic and wood, they're made of good old brick!
    Plus, those houses that all look the same are homes to some great people with good community spirit.

(Sticks chest out, stands up and sings the national anthem...which, by the way, is the only thing I dont like! lol)

** http://www.religioustolerance.org **

• Adam
    Adam

Sirona, that all may be true, but do you guys have volcanos? Do you have the unibomber? Do you have multiple high speed chases throughout your country ever day? Do you have cop-assisted suicide? Do you have hurricanes every year? Is over half of your population overweight? Do you have rattlesnakes, brown recluse spiders, alligators and fire ants? Do you have an illegal drug business that moves more money than the GNP of most other countries? I'm tellin ya, you don't know what you're missing over here in the states.

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish
    1) the propensity of English housing to be plain, small, houses built side by side, with little or no front yards, drab and all looking exactly the same;

I live in a house like this, in a street like this. I have in the past walked straight past my own front door! We had to buy some patterned net curtains (always twitching in UK, naturally) so we could distinguish our house from the others. Wouldn't swap Blighty for anywhere else though, the rest of the world seems to be full of those damned foreigners

Iggy

"You want the truth? You can't handle the truth. No truth-handler, you. Bah! I deride your truth-handling abilities!
    Side Show Bob

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit