Has anybody had JWs call on your home lately?

by Scarred for life 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I did today. The woman brought a small brochure inviting me to the District Convention here in Gwinnett County, Georgia on July 5, 6, and 7th. The surprising thing to me is that the JWs have modernized a little bit. Everything I have ever seen in the past seems exactly like it was back in the 50s and 60s and early 70s when I was a JW. But this brochure had a new logo: JW.ORG, a website, and a smart phone scanner thingy. (I'm sorry, I don't have a smart phone and I don't know what you call them.) But I just about fainted when I saw this. Do they have a new, young President or something? What is going on?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Do they have a new, young President or something?

No, but the GB are all new and the youngest is 47!

• Mum
    Mum

About 6 months ago, two "sisters" knocked on the door. I had just moved here (Las Vegas). I have no history as a JW here or anywhere else since 1979. So I told them outright that I was an "apostate." The older woman just kept talking, as if I should believe her fairy tales and want to come back into the fold. I just stared at her incredulously, and she kept blathering for several minutes. The other woman didn't say a word, and showed no facial expression. Whatever!

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

cantleave, Mark Sanderson just turned 48 on April 3.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

They are being forced into the future, whether they like it or not. But they are too stupid to realize that anyone who goes on their website is almost surely going to go on other websites about the WTBTS.

For them, its a chance to cut literature production costs to the bone while still claiming they are preaching the word worldwide.

• sir82
    sir82

Jehovah's celestial chariot, ever speeding up!

Soon Awake will be down to a 4 page foldable tract published quarterly. The Kingdom Ministry will be on Twitter. All words longer than 2 syllables will be removed from the Watchtower (the simplified version will stick to one-syllable words).

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Really?! 48! Wow! I didn't know about these changes. I haven't been on here a lot lately.

Mum, Funny!

I don't talk to them at all. I actually wasn't even dressed this morning and I talked to the woman through the door. She slipped the brochure throught the crack in the door. But I never engage in conversation with them or argue with them. It's not worth my time. I am just thankful to be free from their enslavement.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

sir82, Hilarious!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

They come by so often where I live now that I had to ask them to put me on the do not call list. It didn't work the first time, so I asked again, and called the KH, just to be sure, I think it worked. The first one said she would ask the brothers, as if she could not do such a thing herself. I had forgotten how little the women are allowed to do.

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

Every once and awhile they come by, but I don't answer the door. Don't have any more time for that stupid nonsense. Freedom is a beautiful thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit