Are JW Kids Worse Disproportionately?

by patio34 20 Replies latest jw friends

• patio34
    patio34

Metatron I hear your frustration! And agree with your point. However my point was that they are worse additionally because the normal channels for kids growing up (academics, sports, band, scouts, camping trips as do other churches, dances, etc.) are closed off to them. Then, when they rebel, they don't have any support system available and become extraordinarily bad. I've read part of your thread and agree with it, but the point i'm making seems to be unmade.

Joelbear You summed it up in a nutshell: isolation. Thanks for the point.

Curlers One of my sons used to say to me "Mom, if you only knew what the JW kids are doing away from their parents." He even told me that one family PAID their kid to auxiliary pioneer. You said: "I thought that were more twisted things in the JWs than among the "world." " That is what i've observed with many, especially with the convicted felons.

Reborn That is a good statistical breakdown for your area. However, i'd wager it's worse around here (southern California) and even worse in the Los Angeles area.

Will Oh, if only i'd had a "goody two shoes!" Not one in the lot. They inherited their sense of "adventure" (for want of a better word) from their father, I'm sure

Pete2 You said: "I agree, it is an inauthentic life. What is on the surface is not what is in the heart. All that emotional duplicity takes its toll..." I think that is part of the root of the problems.

Nita You said: "If they told the truth about any normal kids activities they would be shunned, df'd or the dreaded "marking"." That's the isolation at work. No normal activities for them. Maybe once a year, the congregation would get together for a picnic. Aren't they magnanimous? The selfish elders NEVER cared for the
    highly tauted "widow and fatherless child!" What a load of manure!

Almost There You: "I know in my own experience. I know the reason why I ended up pregnant at age 18. Instead of being able to enjoy my nice boyfriend in normal healthy environment (movies, dinner, etc.). I would have to sneak at his apartment, behind closed office buildings, etc., because I was not suppose to be dating a worldly guy" I agree the twisted way they are forced to behave leads to unnecessary problems and tragedies. I'm glad you're able to be so reasonable with your son. My grown JW son said some time back that if people wouldn't be so "immoral" and having illicit sex, it would solve the problem of illegitimacy. I retorted, it's not the sex--it's making babies! Use protection!

But JW kids are less likely to use protection too because that would be planning ahead to be "immoral." It really backfires, the JW philosophy.

Justagirl LOL about the gung-ho JW morphing into strange adults! I'm glad you've survived the travails of your youth.

It's ironic that the JW strictness & railing about the wicked society often leads to worse problems than the so-called "worldly" kids who mostly go on to college and become successful adults.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit