The Governing Body Rewrites the Organization’s FUTURE History

by Cameron_Don 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Cameron_Don
    Cameron_Don

It’s bad enough when the Governing Body rewrites the organization’s PAST history. But last October they also began rewriting the organization’s FUTURE history relative to the appointment over all of Jesus’ “belongings” mentioned in Matthew 24:47.

For many decades they had insisted that Jesus made that appointment back in 1919 because the Society had been so faithful and discreet about what they had been teaching down till 1919.

But as shown in “Captives of a Concept” they had NOT been either faithful or discreet about what they had been providing in the way of spiritual food down till 1919. Therefore under that scenario there was no possible way the Society could have passed a food-at-the-proper-time examination at that time. And therefore there was no possible way they could have received Jesus’ “belongings” appointment in 1919. And therefore there is no way the Society could be God’s organization today.

Apparently the Governing Body finally came to realize this and so in October of 2012 they fixed that problem by moving the appointment away from 1919 into the future.

All of the sudden it no longer matters what they had been teaching in the past. From now on what matters is what they will be found teaching in the future. And the Governing Body assures Jehovah’s Witnesses that at that time the organization will prove itself to be both faithful and discreet about the spiritual food they will be providing at that time and therefore will receive the above appointment then.

How does one disprove what they say will happen in the future? They have placed themselves in the position where what they are saying cannot be disproved.

While it easy to disprove that the Society received Jesus’ “belongings” appointment in 1919, it is impossible to disprove that they will receive that appointment in the future. The Governing Body likes it that way. It allows them to continue to assert that the Society is God’s organization no matter how many “mistakes” were made in the past.

When I see stuff like this I cannot help thinking about what Paul e explained to the Thessalonians…

“Because they did not accept the love of the truth …that is why God lets an operation of error go to them that they may get to believing the lie.” – 2 Thessalonians 2:10,11

I’ve noticed how “anointedjw.org” has been gently trying to help the Governing Body stop believing several other lies. So far the Governing Body has not responded to their help.

Don Cameron

• FrankieGoesToHollywood
    FrankieGoesToHollywood

Good point. But the society are so far off the original christian teachings. They interpret the parable about the "good slave" as prophesy.

But even so, they would under no circumstances be "appointed" over any belongings withe thier current teachings.

Chances are that the AnointedJW are in fact the "two witnesses" of the Christ in Revelation that would arose in the eleventh hour.

Their names would be a secret and they(Anointed) have so far, kept it secret.

• Terry
    Terry

Don, the point you are making is really the ONLY point we can concern ourselves with that is tangible. Before the age of the Internet, false claims were very difficult to pin down demonstratively.

Adventism and End of the World obsessions are emotional domains inhabited by---to be kind--social misfits totally absorbed with absolute thinking and self-righteous ego-centered masturbations. (Yes, that is as "kind" as I can be!) 2nd Adventists, International Bible Students, Jehovah's Witnesses are all different facets of self-important snobs.

SNOBS?

Yes, they are the center of their own universe. They alone know the inside skinny on god's masterplan. Except--THEY DON'T! But, how to demonstrate their error? They hide behind a slurry of failed interpretations.

As I said, until the Age of the Internet--you'd have to own a large library and be able to cut and paste quotations until blue in the face--only to be accused of slanderous false contexts and mean-spirited diabolical opposition. Now, the Worldwide Web makes it all too easy to shatter their mythos with actual, provable facts! So, they've retreated behind a fascist clampdown on current members. The minds are on lockdown. The Thought Police patrol the Kingdom Halls and put an ear to the ground for ever-present rumors. Eager to pounce, they threaten to remove your family and friends if you don't shut the hell up and get back in line.

Don, you have identified the last refuge of these scoundrels. A retreat into "future speak" which, like a time-traveling criminal, eludes capture by slip-slidin' away into the Unprovable Zone. I've encountered JW's at the local car wash handing out magazines rather pathetically cowering in an air-conditioned car cruising about for "countable hours" in ministry. They would not engage me. They don't even know how anymore! These are not evangelists any longer. They are a cadre of clueless drones clinging to "Mother's" skirts.

The only way to reach them is to have a better life and to smile because we are free of them. It no longer matters how they interpret their theology. What has always mattered is how they treat each other.

No charity. No social programs. No education.

No hospitals, women's shelters or child care centers will ever be erected because THEY DON'T CARE about human needs!

They don't LOVE humanity. They want us all dead so they can move into our houses and co-opt our cars and live the good-life in a post-apocalyptic paradise.

The JW's don't love the only life they will ever have because they are chasing the FUTURE life they'll never see.

• designs
    designs

While the Leadership of the Wt. can be described as cruel at times, self grandizing certainly a central problem exists with detractors who are still believers on some level in the NT and that is this notion that the NT contains some central 'truth' and real hope of eternal life. A Protestant, Evangelical, Catholic, Orthodox calling the Wt. false is really causitry.

• intropist
    intropist

Dear Cameron,

I'm the Korean guy who had correspondence with you in 2005~2006. (At that time, my alias was BeSub Ryu)

It's really great to find your post here and to know that you're are still trying to be helpful for ex-JW Bros(!)

You book was translated into Korean by a phamacist bro, I guess you were happy to know that.

For my happiness, my father got great help from your book and now he's become an open-eyed JW who gave up presiding over-something...^^ He's active only because of my mother.

On the matter of 15th July 2013 article, I've talked with my ex-elders and only found that they DON'T CARE.... What a marvelous addictive drug it is!

I hope to talk with you again if given chances.

Ryu

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Interesting commentary, Don.

However, they also now allow for the possiblity that THEY--that's right folks, the current GB/FDS--could become the dreaded "evil slave!"

Jesus warned about an evil slave who concludes in his heart that the master is delaying and who starts to beat his fellow slaves. ... His words here are actually a warning directed to the faithful and discreet slave. ... Jesus was saying: ‘If the faithful and discreet slave were ever to mistreat his fellow slaves in these ways, this is what the master will do when he arrives ... (punish that evil slave “with the greatest severity”). - Watchtower July 15, 2013, p. 24 - Emphasis added

This is a curious change. I can't imagine why they would have made this change. There's no upside to it, only a down?!?

Frankly, most of us have already concluded that the GB already fits the description of the "evil slave." I remember Ray Franz made that point in one of his books, I can't recall if it was CofC or ISOCF. That they squash open discussion and punish anything that they construe as dissent with the ultimate censure, disfellowshipping and shunning the the added insult of being labelled as a "mentally diseased apostate," is evidence that the current GB fits the description of the "evil slave" more than that of any alleged "faithful and discreet slave."

But, since no one is even allowed to question anything the GB/FDS says or does, they can continue to act with impunity. And so they do.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Don, when will you be revising Captives to reflect this new light?

• sd-7
    sd-7

They may be shifting the 'belongings appointment' into the realm of the unprovable, but in doing so they end up, as I believe Cedars wisely pointed out sometime ago, attempting to make the decision for Christ, as if they already know what he's going to do. Rather than saying 'we hope we will be found approved and are doing our utmost to that end', they discuss it as if it's a done deal no matter what may happen from now on. This kind of reasoning makes it seem baffling as to how such men can accuse 'apostates' of being prideful, save that they're obviously projecting their own qualities onto others.

It's equally baffling that anyone on the Governing Body could read this material that's talking about them and not feel very uncomfortable about being praised in this way. The fact that this was allowed to be published indicates they have no problem with presenting themselves in a manner that seems very self-righteous to put it mildly. Humility moved Paul and Barnabas to rip their garments and leap into the crowd, begging people not to sacrifice to them. The GB, on the other hand, seems just fine with being adored and the focus of worshipful obedience.

--sd-7

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

BTT!

• Joepublisher1
    Joepublisher1

Dear Don Cameron, I’m so glad that you kept up with these changes – I value your opinion and observations. I, too, was mystified by this change and the implications. You know, the average JW doesn’t realize the [previous] significance of 1919. Once you do, as your publication “Captives of a Concept” brings out, it blows the so-called appointment of the WTS by Jesus totally out of the water.

However, like you said, with this new explanation of a future appointment, it’s impossible to disprove based on what they are teaching today, almost guaranteeing that there will be future changes (mistakes). What is most troubling to me is that they will NEVER be held accountable to the rank-and-file for their mistakes. So, while they have the responsibility to dispense so-called spiritual food, they are off the hook for any accountability that their mistakes might cause individuals and families.

Terry, your input and expressions are MOST sobering indeed. That last statement you made in your post above is a frightening thought: “T he JW's don't love the only life they will ever have because they are chasing the FUTURE life they'll never see.”

SD-7, your post – which includes wise words from Cedars – contains excellent points!

Here’s my observation. When the 1914 generation teaching was changed in Nov 1995 (in the now infamous Watchtower study article), the tempo was set for many more changes in the future (i.e. 1935 date ditched, multiple changes to the generation teaching, etc.) and it appeared that no area of teaching was going to be immune. I mean, come on, did anyone ever foresee them changing the meaning of the faithful and discreet slave class? I mean it’s shocking that “core” teachings can be changed this late in the came. Remember, the end is coming VERY soon now – an actual phrase used by the WTS.

What I don’t get now and this goes to SD-7’s post about Cedar’s comments is if they haven’t been appointed yet, why should anyone believe/follow what they say? (I don’t know how the Governing Body can live with themselves - what type of mind games do they have to employ to propagate their fraudulent religion?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit