How important is your home to you?

by usualusername 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• usualusername
    usualusername

As some of you may be aware I have been going thru a divorce.

The X has been paid her equity and maintenance in full.

Now due to certain circumstances I am likely to lose my home, which begs the question:

How important are the bricks and mortar you currently live in?

(I know for many family is more important, but thats not the question)

Cheers

UUN

• Glander
    Glander

I have no idea what your mortgage situation involves, but the first step is to communicate with them and see if they will work woith you. Many lenders would rather work something out rather than foreclose.

• usualusername
    usualusername

Thanks Glandger

I can easily afford my mortgage.

My X is just being a little tricky.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

its my security...its my freedom no mortgage, no rent....its my kids inheritance.

Could i survive without my home? ....its a prison with golden bars with out love.

To live in a home you need love. Live alone you need love yourself. Live with your wife you need to love each other...for the young i say if your mortgage is 100 a month if possible pay 150 a month...never rent when you can buy...bricks and mortar are easy street if you dont share the bricks and morta with the bank.

80 % of wealth is inherited and where does that inheritenve come from? Bricks and morta....

• Glander
    Glander

I can easily afford my mortgage. My X is just being a little tricky.

OK, now I'm lost. Care to eleborate?

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

well walk a way with 50% egrity and buy a smaller place...sorry i am not really qualified as i havnt read your past posts...but good luck.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

usual -

I may be able to relate a bit... I got a divorce over 10 years ago. The home was paid for. The settlement - here in Texas - requires that both parties split everything 50/50, in a divorce settlement.

Of course, since the ex-wife hadn't worked any (her choice), then that meant that I was giving up 50% of what I had worked for. Yes, I know that a wife also works at home. The lawyers - for some reason did not consider things like TVs and other items like that.

Anyway... the ex got the house, and the property next door... and then some from my retirement.

How important was the home to me? Well... at the time, I thought it was important... but was willing to walk away from it as part of the divorce settlement.

My recommendation - in hindsight - is to get a current appraisal. If it has increased in value, you will lose less from other sources.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Jim TX

• UsuaIusern@me
    UsuaIusern@me

Glander

thanks for your interest.

The settlement with my x wife was equity plus maintenance. All that has been paid. But the agreement was her name needs to be removed from the mortgage. In the UK this means applying for a new mortgage. Sadly the equity and maintenance has wipe me out resulting in me missing a few payments, so applying for a new one is likely to be rejected though I can now easily afford it. Dilemma eh?

Although she no longer lives in the UK she is blackmailing me. Pay her more money or she throws me out of my home over a technicality. Crazy eh?

• St George of England
    St George of England

An Engishman's home is his castle.

But if you're not English it may not be so important.

To me it represents a life of hard work.

George

• UsuaIusern@me
    UsuaIusern@me

Cheers st George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit