The antidote to the myth that JWs are declining

by slimboyfat 153 Replies latest watchtower bible

• running_away
    running_away

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church#Funding

Westboro isn't going to dissapear (it seems).

Who will leave a non tax company crahs? It may be not growing as in the past, but it's not crashing too... Even if I loved to see that happens!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I thought it mainly comprised a single family.

• blondie
    blondie

inactive = no time slip turned in = not counted in the numbers reported in the yearbook.

• Robert7
    Robert7

In my last year or two as a JW, I would rarely go out in service, but I counted 4 hours every month. Why? We got 'free' 4 hours every month for studying with my kids. I never actually had a study, but figured taking them to meetings counted. I was happy because I got to skirt by, elders were happy because I turned in my time and it wasn't 0 (image is everything) and I was counted as an active publisher. JWs care about quantity (and image), not quality.

I suspect many in the org fall into this type of thing at some level, like counting that one time you said the word 'Jehovah' with a worldly person as service time, or people counting small increments of service time and rounding up big time (long breaks for example). We (including elders and MSs) did that all the time, especially with young kids. Go out for 1/2 hour, 1 hour break, a few RVs, and you got your 2 hours in! It was easy. Cooking the books with zero accountability.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit