Flashback to the sixties Seatle

by Tater-T 32 Replies latest jw friends

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I can just see this Dub trying "to do more" in the organization so he volunteers at the Assembly and he's given a sign to hold that says "Flush for BM Only"

I'm friggin' laughin' my ass off just typing and picturing the whole situation.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

great stuff guys..

so a little more on the recording .. like I said it's shot with a camcorder off a sceen with an open mic, I was playing music through a boom box.. to drown out the projector noise and add something so it's not just a silent movie..

The music is Robbie Robertson .. get this "Hell's Half Acre" .. I remember when I was recording this in 1992, at times, the music in sync with the film..

there was no planning just roll tape and go.. it just worked out .. it dawned on me today I was sing "Hell's Half Acre" in my head .. I'm like was that on the assembly video .. came home and checked .. sure enough it is ..

How ap pro po , HELL'S HALF ACRE... that what conventions are....LOL

oh and Good thing I made the effort to preserve a little history 21 years ago.. which at that time was 22 years from original filming.. 43 years later shared on JWN.. wow

Dad says he was Baptised at that assembly... " Worst Decision I Ever Made " is how he puts it...! LOL

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

At the Vancouver International Assembly, the P&E fair grounds was next to the staduim where the assembly was being held. We could watch the rollercoaster going up and down all day and hear the screams of the riders in the distance. Pure torture for us kids sitting in the stands hearing them drone on about some convoluted Bible prophesy . It was rumored that some sister cut across the roller coaster tracks and got run over. This was all the more reason why we weren't allowed to go there at the break or afterwards like all the weak JW's did. " If that sister would have listened to the Brothers, she'd be alive today" was the thinking.

The n there was always a someone falling down the stairs usually a little girl or sister who tried to navigate the steep smooth surfaced steps in their slipery dress shoes or high heels and each assembly day had at least one or two people who fainted and were hauled off in a stretcher, overcome by heat. Then there was always the sound of fluttering paper followed by a thud when someones Bible was dropped down through the bleachers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit