Flashback to the sixties Seatle

by Tater-T 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

It was the navy and civil defence. the convention was in New York City. Photos are in the convention reports and I was there to see it. Isn't it a bit nasty to presume someone made up the story?

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

I heard the military coming to the Assembly story, too.

That video takes me back. They had MacDonald's standardized service back then. I recall standing at tables and eating from those metal trays. The food was pretty good, considering.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Isn't it a bit nasty to presume someone made up the story?

How so?

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

How so? because without checking you presumed someone lied. In this case, they didn't. This happened at the International Convention in 1953. There are photos. Besides, I was there. (I'm a really cranky old guy now). I saw it. Good practice is to check before you speak, type or text.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I'm a really cranky old guy now

No shit, you sound like a cranky old smug, pious elder

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

I sound like someone with ethics. you don't.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Go back to the Hall Bro Elder with your pompous attitude.

You'll fit right in with the rest of them

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

Ok just ran it by mom.. it was 1970 Vancouver BC.. for the convention and they went to Seatle to..

I was 5 years old..

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This brought a lot of unpleasant flash backs of sitting for hours in the hot sun, then standing for a hour in line for dinner.

Good grief

Assemblies were horrible of kids.

To think all that time was spent for nothing but to listen to some bullshitters trying to push their Bullshit religion

and sell some magazines and books.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Well as a kid, the highlight was always the food. But now when you look back it's unreal how their blind followers show up every summer with kids in two to sit out in hot sun for eight hours or so

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit