Just around the corner: 2014

by Gorbatchov 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

This week I had to apply my daughter for ballet lessons, for the new season. On the registration document was printed with bold letters

"Season 2013 / 2014".

When my eye caught 2014 I was thinking: what? 2014?!?!?!?

So, will this effect occur when witnesses realize 2014 is just around the corner? (ehhh thats a WTS phrase)

Gorby

• *lost*
    *lost*

ooh Ballet, lucky girl. mine would love to do Gymnastics, it's her dream

Yep 2014, the more this year goes, the more hyped they are going to get.

' it's' just around the corner now, won't be long, hold on tight, keep going.

'Are we there yet ?' nearly, just around the next corner, lol.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

"Soon"!!!

This has become the buzz-word in the literature in recent years, and is used in at least one of the new tracts released at this year's District Convention.

A simple question I ask brothers who say 'soon' is this, "How 'soon' is 'soon' in your opinion, and is there a Scripture to prove it?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

yea I expect a wave of "Here comes the Big A" talk this next year, followed by a big nothing

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Although I think my original hope to see a mass exodus after 2014 was a bit naïve, I still see negative growth in first world countries to become the norm after 2014 or so.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

yea the cattle leaving at once is just wishful thinking. They won't repeat the mistake of the 20's when they lost the majority. It's just one of many doomsday cults that wll morph their message so that they had it right the whole time. Western countries will slide despite their efforts to change how the numbers are counted. Coming to a town near you, "Witnessing in your head." If you thought about witnessing, u can count your time

• Emma
    Emma

I don't know. Have they been spouting 1914? They may just want it to fade into the background. I wonder if the newer/younger ones have had that drilled into them.

• CyrusThePersian
    CyrusThePersian

The next time I see her, I'm going to ask my daughter (who is still in the troof) why Jesus has been ruling for 100 years already and hasn't done a darn thing. That's got to make him one of the most ineffective rulers of all time. Just think, Jesus has been given a thousand years to rule and he's already spent 10% of it twiddling his thumbs!

• msconcerned
    msconcerned

CTP From what i understand Jesus 1000 year rule does not start until after armaggedon, i will find some article.

• msconcerned
  • ip-1 chap. 17 pp. 215-229
  • Let us join them in courageously calling out just what we see—the overwhelming evidence that Christ is ruling in heaven; that he will soon bring an end to mankind’s long, dark night of alienation from God; and that thereafter he will usher in the true dawn, the Millennial Reign over a paradise earth!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit