Did Ray Franz ever address his thoughts on atheism?

by JWINQUESTION 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JWINQUESTION
    JWINQUESTION

Onthewayout that is what I liked about Ray Franz. Even though he remained Christian, he didn't preach that if others were not Christians, that they would go to hell. Who knows? Maybe he was uncertain himself about the existence of God.

• whathehadas
    whathehadas

@PokerplayerPhil Randy Watters/Dogpatch. On point with what Ray talked about in that last chapter. Speaking of Randy, when I awakened and read both those books. I wanted to read more from Ray but I was subconsciously trying to follow him/his beliefs instead of finding my own path and using the new freedom I had. I tried to ask Randy if he had the other book Ray wrote or co-wrote and Randy told me straight up that Ray is NOT a theologian. So I needed to stop trying to buy into his interpretation of the bible since Ray really was limited in real theology outside the WT. Was a hard pill to swallow at the time but true

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972
    I think that if Ray had left the Society in his 30s, he could have much more time to analyze the falsehood of the Bible. At least, he would conclude that the Bible can't be inerrant. May be he noticed that in many passages of the Old Testament while researching for the Aid book, but he kept quiet.
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    Ray was a true Christian.

I hadn't realized Jesus personally authorized you as an official to determine the truth of a persons Christianity.

Can you show us your authorization papers or badge or whatever it is Jesus gave you?

• JWINQUESTION
    JWINQUESTION

Yeah maybe if he left at a younger age, he would have eventually done more critical research on the bible.

• crazyhorse
    crazyhorse
    Rotfl @vivianne
  • cantleave
    cantleave

Ray was a true Christian

I prefer a true Scotsman!

• JWINQUESTION
    JWINQUESTION

Faye could you let me know what you meant by Ray being a true Christian?

And what makes his brand of Christianity true?

I know you claim to be Christian and I ask you out of respect and genuine kindness. Thanks in advance.

• fulano
    fulano

Onthewayout that is what I liked about Ray Franz. Even though he remained Christian, he didn't preach that if others were not Christians, that they would go to hell. Who knows? Maybe he was uncertain himself about the existence of God.

Well Ray didn't like to preach at all, kept reading his newspaper in his car when he was a CO in the DR, while having the brother doing the biblestudy. To hot you know.

Anyway, it's good news to hear he was a true christian.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

I was attempting to make sort of a funny comment, since jw's call themselves the only true christians, and believe that Ray franz is the most evil human possible. But when I read his book I could not believe his lack of vitriol and hatred towards these people who had hurt him. Of them all, he was the true Christian. I was saying I thought he followed Christ, unlike some others that say they do, but don't really.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit