Simply Unbeleviable Watchtower Quote.

by jerome 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JT
    JT

ST SATAN SAYS:

First of all, i apologise for calling you a troll in the past, for what it's worth.
    ---

I have been in touch with Jerome OFF LINE

AND THIS dude is doing some serious examining of issues

Hey Jerome

keep up the good work my man

james

• waiting
    waiting

Jerome's a dude? Well, well, well.

One would have to conclude, if one were honest, that the God of the OT has different standards than the God of the NT. Local jw's have always had a hard time making those standards match - around here, we'd just say....."well, that was a different time, different people, and that's what God did." Which, btw, doesn't mean that God didn't change his standards - he did.

Try to kill and cut up your concubine and send her body parts to other men and see what happens nowadays. Just not quite the same standards, eh?

Glad you stuck around, Jerome.

waiting

• SpiderMonkey
    SpiderMonkey

I think it's obvious that the WT's standards & promises *do* change w/ time... what loyal witness would entertain the thought that an "anointed" wasn't really anointed before the "new light" on blood came out, because s/he took a transfusion back then? & what witness claims that the WT wasn't god's visible org before 1914, since they were expecting a rapture and earthly paradise to come at that time? oh, yeah, and they were celebrating Christmas in Bethel that year, if I'm not mistaken. I guess god's people weren't ready for the correct understanding of all that just yet (hmph)

SpiderMonkey

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme

I posted something about these types of articles in another thread...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=29375&site=3

----------

Yeah, I believe the 'brothers' in the writing department know exactly what they write, and why they write it..

It's a very effective technique in mnd control.. You 'present' the facts to them in such a way as to suggest that 'we are not doing this to you' yet you have then planted a seed by which you can point out others and say, see, we warned you about this stuff.. Glad we don't do that, aren't you..

The mind by default is 'wired' to assume that if someone warns you of something, that person doing the warning is NOT the person perpetrating the 'crime' against you..

If I were to say to you, "Hey, I think you should be careful.. I've heard that there is someone out there that is trying to steal your wallet" you would probably be put 'on gaurd' by my warning, looking for anyone that may indeed by trying to steal your wallet.. However, by me telling you this, I have gained a bit of trust from you, because I gave you the warning... The more I 'warn' you of things, the more 'trust' I earn.. Meanwhile, since I was the one that 'warned' you, you certainly wouldn't be expecting that I was the one that I was warning you about, would you? No, you wouldn't be protecting your wallet from me, after all, it's just not logical that I would warn you about myself..

Repeat these 'I'm warning you because I love you" many times, and soon I have your complete confidence.. The WT seems to be masters at this.. I find this technique used in almost every article I read from them!!!

For anyone indoctrinated by the technique, the writings look completely ordinary, and the person is put at 'ease' because their 'trusted friend' is once again 'warning' them of something, but anyone not indoctrinated by that will see immediatly the complete and utter hypocrisy that the statement holds, and the fact that the warnings are indeed exactly what the 'warner' is trying to do to them in the first place...

To carry this point even further, people outside the WT can see through this, and so they begin to warn their loved ones exactly what the WT is trying to do to them (It's a cult, can't you see the hypocrisy in this statement, look here, they are false prophets, etc.. etc.. etc..)..

But, what did their 'trusted friend' the WT already tell them what would happen? They warned that Satan will indeed try any and every means possible to 'pull you away' from us.. Hence, the warnings are not only ignored by members already indoctrinated, but indeed the WT has used that 'default wiring' to say, "We were the ones to warn you of this behaviour'.. The very act of trying to show your loved ones that the WT is wrong becomes a re-enforcement to the JW.. They are very clever, indeed!!!!

Edited by - ItsJustlittleoldme on 11 June 2002 1:29:46

• LDH
    LDH

I've always loved Jerome!

Saint, that was VERY BIG of you to apologise. I never did think he was a troll....KEWL.

Lisa

• SYN
    SYN

Straightforward stuff. Everyone knows that the Tower can never stand up to it's own criteria for "true religion"...

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

Typical Watchtower strawman argument tactics.

HCM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit