Simply Unbeleviable Watchtower Quote.

by jerome 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jerome
    jerome

I have here before me the:

June 1, 2001 Watchtower.

Whose Standards CAN YOU TRUST?

On the cover page it features a preacher holding a Bible in his left hand and a chain with a Cross pendant around his neck, a woman campaiging for an election, and a woman in the supermarket examining produce.

The words can you trust as you can see are in red for emphasis.

Page Four

A Lesson From the Law

Just as Jehovah's promises are reliable and unchangable, so are his standards of right and wrong. Would you trust a merchant who uses two sets of weights, only one of which is accurate? Certainly not. Likewise, "a cheating pair of scales is something detestable to Jehovah, but a complete stone-weight is a pleasure to him." (Proverbs 11:1; 20:10)

In recent light of many discussions on this board about the necessicity to apply equal sets of criteria for determing the vadility of any party who claims to speak for God Alimighty, in other words... if it applies to one group of people then it should apply to all, I thought it fit that I mention this quote.

Moving on.

Do we hold up all religions/people who claim to represent God Alimighty to the same standards? Well according to the above quotation we should.

Also how do we determine the criteria? Well if we are Christian then the method that we should use would obviously have to be our most Holy Book, The Bible.

So since it was the Watchtowers idea that we hold everyone up to the the same light of examination, wouldent it be reasonable to see if they themselves are in accordance with Gods revealed Word? And hence any variation from the scripture should be brought to attention, past or present? Ofcourse that is if there was repentance.

Main points:

1) I have before me a Watchtower quote that says that you should not trust [ANY]one who "uses two sets of weights." Is the Watchtower such a one?

2) The quote says that Jehovah God promises are "reilable and unchangeable." Do the promises of Gods supposedly appointed channel match this description?

3) We want to see if the Watchtower can stand up to its own criteria? How do they hold up to their own light?

4) We want to see if the Watchtower can stand up to criteria of truth set by Gods word. That is if the criteria it sets for determing the truth is compatible with Gods Word.

You the posters of this board care to comment?

Have fun.

jerome

p.s. I'm saving this one for 'You Know' and Friends.

Edited to add summary.

The Bible is a two edged sword wield it for evil and it you may get hurt.

• jerome
    jerome

What says the board?

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

I'm thinking I'm thinking.....

• jerome
    jerome

Care to share the thought?

• Celia
    Celia

Double Standards
    Hypocrisy,
    Lies

Nothing new

• thewiz
    thewiz

jerome

Just as Jehovah's promises are reliable and unchangable, so are his standards of right and...

I believe this to be true. It's just that Jehovah's promises, are different from the WTB&TS.

The WTB&TS promises that are unreliable and changable

• jerome
    jerome

It certainly is.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Could you get a scan or a copy of this for me please?

Thanks.

PERSONAL WEBPAGE-
    http://www.geocities.com/latinloverchicago/Jason1.html
    FREELANCE ARTWORK FOR SALE-
    http://www.geocities.com/latinloverchicago/JasonArtwork1.html

• Satanus
    Satanus

First of all, i apologise for calling you a troll in the past, for what it's worth.

---

As do christians, so also the wt also mixes the ot (old testement) with the nt (new testement). Jehovah (yahweh) is the jewish god in the ot. It is used around 6000 times in the ot. In the nt, it occurs not one time. Let's ignore the hallelujahs in rev.

Jehovahs laws and standards do change. The jews were given over 600 laws to follow, many on pain of death. They have been changed.

While nt writers attempt to continue the thought flow of the ot, they aren't very successful. That is why there are so many christians arguing over laws vss faith, laws vss spirit, the angry jehovah vss the loving jesus.

SS

• jerome
    jerome

No prob SS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit