JW's in the news

by Xenu 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Xenu
    Xenu

Would the religion of this soul been reported if she was a catholic?
    Would this board have quickly posted this news item if the killer was a Jehovah Witness?

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/14181.htm

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Xenu,
    Your first question should probably be addresses tho the NY Post, not us.

I notice this isn't reported on www.watchtower.org either. Isn't that strange?

From the NYPost article -
    "She had no fear. She always said the Lord would protect her," said her sister Janette McFarlene of Maryland. Logan was shot in the head Tuesday night after getting off a bus around the corner from her home."

So I guess her confidence was without basis in fact, wasn't it?

Maybe she didn't love Jehovah enough.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    "She had no fear. She always said the Lord would protect her," said her sister Janette McFarlene of Maryland. Logan was shot in the head Tuesday night after getting off a bus around the corner from her home.

I guess THAT didn't work.

Yes, I know, it was tragic. I just can't help but see such contradictions in ALL religions that claim protection.

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• expatbrit
    expatbrit
    Would the religion of this soul been reported if she was a catholic?

Probably. It's material to the circumstances of the shooting.

Would this board have quickly posted this news item if the killer was a Jehovah Witness?
    Probably. This board is for discussion of Jehovah's Witnesses and the Watchtower Society, and is used largely by people who have been hurt and negatively affected by that group of people. It is therefore reasonable to expect them to point out instances of Jehovah's Witnesses failing to live up to the standards they measure others by.

What's your point?

Expatbrit

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

""She had no fear. She always said the Lord would protect her,""

I remember going out in service with some who would just barge into a fenced yard with a dog barking its head off, “Don’t worry,” I was told, “Jehovah will protect us!”

Two schools of thought here, folks:

1. Have no fear Jehovah will protect you!

2. Never, never put Jehovah your God to the test!

Even when a dub, I always went with #2.............

• Xander
    Xander

All I want to know is where was that big burly angel that always followed the sisters around when they were at a rapists house. Or the one that protected the sister from the burglar in her house.

Maybe most of the angels are just lazy? Or, maybe...*gasp* - all those 'god is protecting me' stories are BS?

Xander F
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Ohio order)

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana

• moman
    moman

Most religion's answer by saying, "The Lord needed her more than us", or some bullshit like that.
    Dubs say,"Jehovah will protect you", but if a dub dies doing their precious preaching work, they say, "..time & unforseen curcumstances..." lol
    damn dubs!

• ISP
    ISP

Xenu.........this is a JW interest board. JW stuff is reported. Catholic stuff maybe mentioned...but it is not the focus of the board.

Hope that helps.

ISP

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr
    I remember going out in service with some who would just barge into a fenced yard with a dog barking its head off, “Don’t worry,” I was told, “Jehovah will protect us!”

Ok first of all dude I never said Jehovah Will protect us. I just said dont worry. How many times do I have to say I had an affinty for dogs and they have never messed with me. Sheesh...

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Xenu,
    How sad that this innocent lady should be senselessly murdered
    just for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. It could
    happen to anyone--and from the frequency of such reports, no one
    is immune. It's just tragic. My sympathies to the family.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit