Family is drawing the line in the sand

by dissonance_resolved 51 Replies latest jw friends

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Wow, that's tough. Keep reminding yourself that your mother is being influenced by a cult, she is trying to do what she thinks will help. That being said, she seems to be making things worse for you, so it might be time to limit contact with her. You have been trying to walk a tightrope of begging for the favor of her company, while staying inactive, but is it worth it? Only you can answer that, but when I left I was almost happy to get away from my overly critical mother. I was never a good enough dub for her anyway.

As far as your husband, you may want to consider counseling, not the elders, real marriage counseling. It puts a strain on marriage when you go different ways like this, especially when this religion is involved. You need help to negotiate this. Your husband is angry, that is understandable, but you have rights too. You shouldn't have to practice a religion you do not believe in, if you are crying all the time that tells me you are struggling and need the support of a third party who can help you get through this. If your husband won't go, then go yourself. You have rights in this, there is no reason to be miserable. Your kids will be fine when you are. Show your children that you don't need this religion to be happy and to be a good parent.

It's time to start making new friends outside the religion, you will need them to get through this.

Take care (((hug)))) You can get through this.

• losingit
    losingit

Oh DR :'( :'( :'(

Iunderstand how you feel. My ex husband and I were in a similar situation about 4-5 years ago, except neither of us knew TTATT. He stopped going to meetings. I got mad because he was missing so many. I was taking the little ones by myself. I was depressed that I was going to the meetings alone.

But then he started going again. I thought it would makeeverything better, but it didn't. I got treated so badly by the friends in the congregation during that time that he was inactive that it was too late. The situation reversed. And we never recovered from the spiritual and emotional abuse inflicted on our marriage by the WTS. I wish I had known TTATT back then. Things between my husband and I would have been very very different. I honestly believe we would still be together today.

Hang onto your marriage. Get him on your side. Love him. Do not get mad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit