Smoking and apostates

by Elsewhere 23 Replies latest jw friends

• SYN
    SYN

Don't smoke. When I was 7, my dad forced me to smoke an entire Camel. Put me off for life, and it is something I will do to my kids too, rather than have them die of cancer before ME!

Seven006: "Have you tried drugs? Shooting up a little heroin might do the trick, it's hard to type when your stoned out of your mind. I don't know how TR does it!"

• sndy420
    sndy420

Hi-

I smoked before coming into the org. and quit before I ever began studying. Now am out of the org. and don't smoke.It is really stinky!!!

• seedy3
    seedy3

WOOOOO!!!!! $6 a pack?! Wow here cigs run anywhere from off brands at about $1 regular price a pack to name brands at $3.30 regualar price. on sale a lot of times at about $1.15 a pack. If you buy a carton of off brands they can run you as cheap as $0.25 a pack.

And yes I do smoke

Seedy

• Undecided
    Undecided

Never smoked, never will. A waste of money and life, stinks, burns holes in things, starts fires and is addictive. Never heard anyone say,"I'm sure glad I started smoking when I was a kid."

Both my step-kids smokes and it controls them. They want to quit but don't seem to be able to give it up. I will really be hurt when they have lung cancer or heart trouble. Hate the habit.

Ken P.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I was privately reproved for smoking around April of last year. I kept smoking, but didn't tell the elders or anybody. Now that I'm an ex, I don't smoke anymore. It is a waste of money and health.

• COMF
    COMF

I smoked from the age of 14 to 22. Quit when I started studying, stayed quit for 12 years, then started again when I left. Smoked for another 10, finally quit for good February 1st four years ago.

Good news for smokers wanting to quit: it's not true what you've heard, that for years afterward you have cravings. I never do. Some of my working buddies smoke as we walk to lunch together and it never even occurs to me that I could have one, too.

COMF - smelling fresher these days than when a girlfriend called me her "charcoal baby"

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

An extremely unhealthy habit. I have never smoke and never had a desire to do so.

• Kep
    Kep

Never smoked during my dub days.
    When out I still didn't bother for a good 3 years.
    Then I was travelling home after a weekend away, it was a good 5 hour drive, and bought me a pack of ciggies.
    That was 5 years ago and still chuffing.

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

Smoking is not my poison of choice. I'm too health conscious to smoke. Smoking is associated with innumerable health risks. However there are plenty of other bad habits to which I avail myself. Eating too much rubbish (I just ate a cake) and drinking alcohol (much less now than I used to). I hate myself for my lack of control but I spose ya gotta die of something.

Marilyn

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

highly addictive personality here. i started smoking as a dub (dumb?) kid to rebel and after i left the jws, continued smoking. i also used to do a lot acid but stopped that years ago. smoke pot when i have it or i'm with someone who does. also drink on the weekends quite a bit. never tried coke or heroin, at least i'm somewhat of a smart addictive personality ;) wanna quit the ciggys soon, just gotta work up the balls to finally do it and get a rx to zyban. sucky thing with zyban, you're not supposed to drink while you are on it! but it's suppose to help with the desire to stuff your face while you are quitting the cigs hehe. and i already know that when i'm out drinking, i will want to smoke so maybe the no drinking thing will be a good thing while i'm getting over the hump of quitting. blargh, why'd i ever start????

i'm liking these smoking threads, making me realize i really really need to quit smoking. it is a disgusting and dirty habit and of course all the health risks that go along with it. when i decide on a quit date i'll post it here so y'all can keep on my ass about it :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit