Smoking and apostates

by Elsewhere 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

MrMoe got me thinking... is it just me, or does a disproportionate number of apostates smoke?

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• Vienna
    Vienna

I have left the JWs and now is a Christian--I don't smoke.

Sheila

• Xander
    Xander

I have left the JWs and now is a pagan -- I don't smoke.

In fact, this last Saturday marks the 1 years anniversary from the same day last year. When I didn't smoke. Or the year before that...when I didn't.......wait.....I *never* smoked! Oh, sorry, nevermind.....

Xander F
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Ohio order)

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana

• Liberty
    Liberty

I left the Watchtower, am an Atheist, and have never even wanted to smoke. That smell makes me ill.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

I think you will find among exJWs a split between those who still consider it absolutely repulsive and those who took up the habit because it was something forbidden and now they can do it.

Path

• rebelledat12
    rebelledat12

Well, I smoked while being raised as a witness, from 11 to age 23.
    I quit a year and a half ago, after my father-in-law died of lung cancer.
    It definitely started as a rebellious thing, then I was ADDICTED!

• Scully
    Scully

I've never smoked or even had the desire to smoke. The price for cigarettes around here is unreal - about $5 a pack now I think - and I've always had better things to spend my money on.

Love, Scully

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Never smoked, never wanted to.

• apostate man
    apostate man

Actually Scully, when I was in Vancouver B.C. back in 1997, the cigs at that time were $6.00 Canadian. Here in the States they were $3.25. Now, where I live, in the US, they are $5.55 - $6.00 A PACK! Unless you go to a Smoke Shop, ran by Indians, and there around $4.00, but usually are 2 months old.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Only good cuban cigars....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit