by dogon 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

dogon, "What to say to JWs at a funeral."

See you in heaven.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

dogon

I am sorry to hear about your Dad. Don't cause a thing. Now is not the time to do that. Just say thank you and try and reflect on the positive memories and people in your life. You will never change a uber JW. They are taught not to think, just conform.

• millie210
    millie210

So sorry about your loss dogon.

I would just acknowledge the sentiment and move on.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Make it a day where everyone remembers reflecting on the life your Dad lived and the memories they all have of him.

Don't make it a day where they remember you as a shit-disturber.

Doc

• jhine
    jhine

So sorry for your loss .

Jan

• jhine
    jhine

So sorry for your loss

Jan

• dogon
    dogon

Thanks for the thoughts, my temper is what I am working on before we have the get together. My dads sister is putting it on and she is disfellowshipped. So it would only be close relatives that would even show up. I have to just put on a smile and walk away if someone uses it to try to "reach" me. My mother was still in the cult when she passed back in 2000 and I really had to bite my tongue when they used her funeral at a hall as a recruiting tool.

Fortunately dad left the cult years before mom died so its not a big problem, but I have a couple of close relatives who are very brain washed. I guess I should look at it as not a time nor place "Community Center" to do my usual speech like when they come to the door knocking. I will work on my Zen mental sand garden if anyone says anything. Thanks for the thoughts.

• Giordano
    Giordano

It sounds like your part of the family has moved well past the 'couple of close relatives who are very brain washed'.

If approached with a JW message you could say "I know Dad's sister would appreciate hearing about your concern"....smile and move on to the next person.

• freddo
    freddo
    What kind of service will it be? Being as your dfd aunt is arranging it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit