State of Rhode Island Gubernatorial Election

by Utopian Reformist 13 Replies latest social current

• FrankRaven
    FrankRaven

The Govern`ers race?Well good luck to you all

RevFrank

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Well, the first meeting took place. Two elders drove up last Saturday, (unannounced of course) and asked to have a meeting about Tonya's political campaign. At 2PM, they returned and we met and discussed the matter.

Their primary concern was the number of phone calls the B.O.E. received from other local JW's in the area about the truthfullness of the newscast and newspaper article announcing Tonya's candidacy for governor.

Of course, the questions from readers 1999 was discussed concerning running for political office. Although I personally considered the meeting unecessary, I participated. Apparently, someone taped the local news coverage footage of Tonya and forwarded it to Brooklyn.

The elders arrived primarily to confirm whether or not Tonya is going forward. I would prefer to DA myself via a one sentence letter, but I am continuing in the process to support Tonya.

Trolls and loyal dubs should begin cutting and pasting below:
    I am sure the WTBS's only real concern is whether or not any negative publicity would surface due to excommunicating members who exercise their american constitutional rights and participate in the electoral process. They will have to make their decision wondering whether or not we would generate publicity and expose the judicial process to the local media. That is a risk the WTBS will have to contemplate.

In the interim, what is interesting is that I am NOT a citizen, and cannot vote or hold political office. SO, I wonder how that information will be integrated into the JW judicial machine?

• somebody
    somebody
    I am sure the WTBS's only real concern is whether or not any negative publicity would surface due to excommunicating members who exercise their american constitutional rights and participate in the electoral process.

If the WTBS do not allow it's followers to excercise their Biblical and Godly rights, then what makes you think they'll allow americans to exercise their american constitutional rights?

You hit the nail on the head as far as what the foremost and ONLY concern of the WBTS is. And that is negative publicity. The same kind they have published about other religions and people in there publications and distributed them door-to-door to the public in hopes that they'll read it.

peace,
    somebody ( of the fellow Rhode Islander class)

• LDH
    LDH

((((((((UR and Tonya))))))))))

Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit