State of Rhode Island Gubernatorial Election

by Utopian Reformist 13 Replies latest social current

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Greetings everyone!

It has been a few months since I have posted. I am asking my friends here to take a minute to follow this link to a front page article in the Providence Journal Bulletin (the main newspaper in the State of Rhode Island) and read the information concerning the latest candidate to join the race for governor.

It is my wife. Although her decision to enter this race (despite 4 generations of JW heritage, pioneering, etc..) was solidified many months ago, I did not have an opportunity to plan for such instant publicity and media coverage.

I too have been busy exiting the federal government and launching my technology company. Therefore, I wanted to be the first to make this announcement to the entire forum and prepare for the inevitable.

Since our names and backgrounds were published by the print media, it is obvious our identities are now no longer at risk. Therefore, I will identify myself once and for all.

Utopian Reformist is none other than "Mario Balletta" of Providence, Rhode Island. You have all the other details of my background, as only my true name was concealed in this forum (ask Alan if you have doubts).

Here is the article that precipitated these events:

http://www.projo.com/news/content/projo_20020411_fuller11.48a72243.html

If you have any questions, you may write to me at:

PO BOX 29470
    Providence, RI 02909-0011

Thank you for your friendship and support, especially those who have spoken to me and know me on a personal basis. I appreciate all of you!

• LDH
    LDH

Hey Mario,

I wondered where you went! Dude, when you didn't answer my emails I got a little freaked.... Especially because someone had posted a thread that said, "What if someone from this forum dies?".... I was like....UMMMMMM......

We are politically involved here in California, and I was planning a thread on this subject.

Your wife is a brave woman. She should prepare emotionally and physically for death threats, etc.

I'll send you email, check later ok?

Lisa

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Thx alot Lisa! You're an excellent trooper. I hope to get Tonya checking out this forum once things calm down. Feel free to use my personal e-mail:

[email protected]

Thx alot!

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Ah, Mario, another Rhode Islander! We definitely need some changes in RI government. Best of luck to your wife!

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Thx a bunch, "Eqqus Doctor"! I appreciate the support. Soon, you will hear and see her on local, cable and regional TV and News. I will fill everyone in as often as I can with the details.

Thx again!

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

After only 24 hours, the announcement has spread to "friends" in San Diego and other parts of the country.

I am wondering what the "official" outcome will be concerning this circuit and its local proximity. Perhaps, in order to appear more "mainstream & politically correct", there may not be any action taken at all in this case. During a time of serious religious scrutiny, war, patriotism and elections, it may not be wise to ex-communicate a member who is publicly running for office.

I am curious to say the least. Each day, with more interviews and media coverage, our names are being vocalized. New England is very small in nature and news travels fast.

Since the majority of the PO's, CO's and local bodies are often made up of middle-aged and older men, it is quite possible a traditional hardcore approach and judicial action may be taken against us for our political involvement.

The whole UN fiasco comes to mind and I will certainly keep my research ready.

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

While the local body has NOT contacted us yet, (perhaps still waiting and consulting with Brooklyn Legal), my in-laws have in fact met with the Presiding Overseer in their congregation about 20 miles away from Providence.

This overseer had unique experience which he tried to relate and use as "comfort" to the parents of a JW daughter "gone astray" after politics. The overseer's daughter appeared on OPRAH and was very critical of the JW faith and lifestyle. Therefore, he felt he could be of some comfort to my in-laws.

Since my wife has no intention whatsoever of criticizing or opposing anything in the JW faith, and is only seeking political office to effect changes, exercise her rights as a citizen, and do her part to attempt to make this state a better place, I don't see the correlation with the overseer's daughter.

Perhaps, the only action from the local body may be silence. Perhaps the legal department in Brooklyn may advise that taking any judicial action may incite negative publicity and the possibility of litigation.

As someone else noted on a different thread regarding the NBC Dateline Special, I choose to remain a "vigilant skeptic" and allow for the unexpected.

A new web-site was launched yesterday advertising her campaign for governor at:

http://www.tonya2002.com

If you have any comments, we would appreciate them and thank you in advance for any time you gave to this issue in the smallest state in the union.

• ChuckD
    ChuckD

Considering that it is the smallest state, there are certainly a disproportunate number of us 'Vo Dilanders here! I am in Rumford.

• zev
    zev

and i am in central falls

good luck to you, and your wife.!!!

though i have been around in your "circuit" for many years, i do not know the name at all. but its sure nice to meet you, even if just here in cyber space.

may the force be with y'all...

Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America
    U.A.D.N.A.--Rhode Island

• LDH
    LDH

Didn't a Zimbabwe JW run for President?

He was in good standing.

Lisa

PS check your email

Share this

Google+
Pinterest